Senior Marketing Communications Specialist
3 days left
- Full Time
The Cox Media Senior Marketing Communications Specialist creates and implements marketing strategies, programs and materials for Cox Media products and services in an effort to attract new clients, grow total advertising spend with existing clients and reduce overall client churn in the local market. Customizes corporate marketing initiatives to optimize performance and maintain brand integrity in the local market. Serves as the resident expert on product positioning, internal and external communications, lead and demand execution and brand integrity. Segment clients appropriately and develops actionable front-to-end marketing strategies based on business insights and a keen understanding of the client base in the local market.
The positions requires a fast pace of work, multiple demands and high pressure to deliver research results to accommodate others’ schedules and priorities. Works independently with limited or remote supervision; requires a higher degree of autonomy, proactivity and initiative than lower level positions. Budget-driven; pressure to meet ambitious revenue goals. Use of personal or company car to travel occasionally to clients’ locations within the system. Travels 10-30% of the time. Has contact with external clients by phone and in person. May occasionally participate in on- and off-site client activities which may occur outside regular business hours. Requires significant collaboration with others with no formal organizational authority. The position works in a cubicle at a desk in Cox Media offices.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
• Creates and update design elements, copy-writing, report templates and overall brand cohesiveness of sales collateral pieces, competitive positioning materials and packages, campaign performance reports, and always ensures consistency of message.
• Creates, implements and reports results of client retention programs, campaigns and initiatives with an end goal of reducing client churn.
• Creates, implements and reports results of demand generation strategies, campaigns and tools to acquire new leads, qualify lead potential, and "warming" potential leads.
• Creates, implements and reports results of marketing programs for unique local products such as local origination channels, local digital media products like Go Scout Homes, CareerLink, etc.
• Implements Cox Media ad solicitation strategy and campaigns in the local marketplace and takes initiative to find opportunities and recommend solutions, based results.
• Collaborates with Marketing Analyst to perform deep dive analysis into client segments and identify market opportunities.
• Transfers leads to Sales at appropriate point.
• Collaborates with Marketing Analysts to develop "head storyteller" presentation templates for use by Sales and Sales Services as a blueprint for developing customized client presentations.
• Collaborates and provides Media Solutions Center (inside sales, transactional business) with marketing materials, packages and related market information to build and execute on sales & marketing strategies.
• Collaborates with Cox Residential and Business with market information to build and execute on sales and marketing strategies, support local cross-channel inventory and cross-initiatives.
• Executes and manages client and internal events and opportunities provided by Cox Media, Cox Residential and Business (i.e. bill inserts, newsletters, eblasts, etc.).
• Develops and maintains local Cox Media.com content, client testimonial/case study library and Cox Media's social media presence on identified platforms to encourage client engagement and dialogue.
• Monitors and quality checks all customer-facing materials being created within other departments to ensure they adhere to our brand guidelines.
• Answers ad hoc questions and provides information to affiliate representatives and Cox colleagues related to product positioning, digital media product capabilities, social media, client retention initiatives, lead and demand generation tactics, Cox Media business-to-business advertising strategy and the Cox Media brand.
• Develops and delivers training for Sales, Sales Services and new hire orientation.
• Manages client touch-point communications and trade requests.
• Compiles information and disseminates marketing intelligence to sales and other appropriate departments.
• Manages the execution of turn-key Cox Media internal communications related to company-wide strategies and initiatives.
• Collaborates with Analyst to disseminate programming information to Sales and Sales Services.
• Seeks out and attends job-related training to increase knowledge industry, media landscape and business-to-business marketing strategies.
• The Senior Marketing Communications Specialist demonstrates a higher levels of initiative in identifying opportunities, autonomy in managing work, and proactivity in collaborating to achieve results required than lower level specialists.
• 5 or more years of experience required in related field; 3 or more years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree
• External candidates - 4 years marketing communications or public relations experience preferred in a related field (Internal candidates-3 years)
• 1 year media marketing communications experience
• 2 years experience using Microsoft Office applications PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook in a work setting with demonstrated expertise in PowerPoint
• Valid driver’s license, good driving record, reliable transportation
• Excellent skills in adaptability, building relationships, delivering customer service, formal presentations, functional competence, high impact communication, initiating action, PC skills, producing results, quality orientation, reasoning, and written communication, in order to work effectively with teams throughout organization
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Advertising, Public Relations, Business Management or a related field.
• 3 years marketing communications experience in a sales-driven media organization
• Experience in telecommunications industry desired
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. Cox Communications is the largest division of Cox Enterprises, a family-owned business founded in 1898 by Governor James M. Cox.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.