Senior Manager, Marketing
- Full Time
Cox Automotive is looking for an experienced marketing professional to support the Private Store client marketing strategy, development and implementation efforts for the Manheim client marketing team.
The Senior Manager, Private Store Client Marketing
supports and executes major elements of the strategic marketing programs for the Manheim Digital team including dealer communications, advertising, brand
strategy and promotions - appropriately conceived to support OEM/Private Store/Auction business objectives. He/She will also have people leadership responsibilities in this role that will require leading, developing and motivating direct report(s) to help drive performance objectives for the business.
This position requires the ability to effectively manage multiple projects and
resources in a fast-paced environment. Successful candidates will have a
demonstrated understanding of the functions of a robust marketing department
and/or agency, including B2B branding, marketing, research & analytics and
creative development and must be self-motivated, organized, flexible and
possess the ability to complete projects within aggressive timeframes.
Marketing Program Development &
- Works in conjunction with leadership, clients and Marketing Manager to develop annual and quarterly strategic marketing plans for all Private Store client platforms and their overall vehicle portfolio across all Manheim channels and auctions
- Responsible for the team that fully owns and executes the marketing strategy for each Private Store client – which will include client management, financial management of marketing fund, setting annual goals and quarterly marketing plans,
and working with auction operations team members to develop cross-channel marketing initiatives and reporting
- Effectively translates marketing strategies into specific marketing programs and dealer-focused marketing/advertising campaigns tied to business objectives
- Oversees creative development process for all campaign collateral, working closely with Cox Automotive Creative Studios team to ensure high quality, on-brand and
accurate work. This includes writing creative briefs, providing feedback to creative
concepts and reviewing final proofs for accuracy.
- Oversees agreed-upon integrated marketing plan calendars for each private store platform and auction sales including email and phone outreach campaigns, industry advertising, and any sponsored event execution as needed
- Maintains positive relationships with clients and sets/manages expectations in a project management capacity
- Supports new product and customer implementations with collateral, copy, content needs
- Recommends and develops promotional campaigns to meet client objectives and goals
- Measures campaign outcomes using analytics tools and reports results to both internal and external audiences
- Manages and executes a calendar of CRM deployments, including:
- Creates target lists in SalesForce.com for email campaigns based on customer/promotion needs
- Configures and deploys email campaigns using SalesForce.com and ExactTarget email marketing platforms
- Manages call campaign target lists and reports through SalesForce.com
- Analyzes campaign results, creates results summary, and presents results to internal stakeholders and external clients
- Collaborates with and supports the Manheim Digital/Private Store sales team in the development of key sales materials and tools as needed
- Supports client RFP/RFI sales and marketing efforts from a content and presentation perspective
- Provides collateral for Manheim dealer sales team to enable sales conversations promoting Private Stores/Auction sales and inventory for clients
- Builds productive working relationships with clients (external OEM customers as well as internal stakeholders include Private Store Program Management team, Product and Technology teams, and Auction Operations teams).
- Meets in-person with clients as needed and provides regular status updates
- Tactfully guides clients in prioritizing programs and campaigns against resource constraints
- Leads, motivates and develops one full-time team member – Manager, Private Store Client Marketing
- Provides strategic direction and daily feedback on marketing executional tactics and acts as point of escalation for any client needs
- BA/BS in Marketing/Advertising/Business field required
- 7+ years B2B marketing experience and/or B2B advertising experience
- Experience managing a variety of B2B marketing efforts from paid media, email communications, events, to PR
- Experience with CRM platform and marketing automation tools, particularly related to email marketing platforms (experience with Salesforce/Exact Target preferred)
- Experience managing client relationships
- Experience controlling budgets
- Strong analytical skills (Experience with Google Analytics and/or Adobe Analytics a plus)
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Strong presentation, storytelling and writing skills
- Cross-functional collaboration and teamwork
- Strong organization and project management skills
- Ability to operate under pressure and with tight timelines
- Self-motivated and entrepreneurial
- Experience with OEM clients/automotive industry
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.