Manager, Cox Business Portfolio Reporting & Analysis
- Full Time
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, and we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. At Cox, we are committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection, not only with our products and services, but also with our career opportunities. Come connect with us, and lets build a better future together.
Summary of Position:
Individuals who like to make a difference via visually-driven decisions based on data, in a highly visible and engaged role with executives, are highly encouraged to apply. Applicants should demonstrate curiosity and thrive working cross-functionally to identify and act on opportunities. This position is responsible for portfolio level reporting across Cox Business transformation initiatives, leading the ongoing reporting suite of metrics, KPIs and results. The position also is responsible for collecting current and establishing new operating standards in order to identify key foundational health metrics and alert conditions across several cross-functional teams within Cox Communications. The reporting will be leveraged to monitor and analyze key projects and programs across the portfolio to achieve results and provide leadership in facilitating and developing the governance and management process.
This position must also develop strong partnerships with the cross-functional business and technology teams (Finance, Marketing, Engineering, Construction, Product, etc.) and others to assist in decision-making, in-depth analysis, and problem solving. This position’s responsibilities will involve analyzing multiple program and project budgets.
The incumbent will heavily leverage appropriate data visualizations and other analytical reporting skills, evolving the format to ensure suitability for executive audiences. The candidate should be highly skilled in data management/engagement, as well as in discovering and communicating key insights and findings to internal executive stakeholders. This role sits within the Cox Business Operating organization on the Transformation team.
1. Based on input from all key users, streamline the reporting process for portfolio programs and projects, as well as other ad hoc analyses as required.
2. Publish reporting on a stated, regular cadence to support the transformation initiatives. The portfolio reporting should include robust, insightful analysis through meaningful variance analysis for all aspects of the portfolio; health (schedule, scope budget, return), financial, risks and issues. In addition, this reporting should include meaningful reporting and analysis on the designated operational metrics and KPIs.
3. Produce summary and value-added reports which provide transparency to the activity within the portfolio in a manner useful to executive stakeholders.
4. Leverage conversational exposure and ad hoc analysis to identify opportunities for new or revised KPIs to highlight business opportunities. Use relationships to create consensus and drive action
5. Use exposure to teams and leaders to identify pivot points and opportunities to keep views current based on new phases or changing business objectives
6. Expertise in appropriate data visualization based on the audience need. A variety of tools should be utilized as necessary; Tableau, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Access, SharePoint and/or desktop data visualization among others.
7. Manage and participate in various special projects central to improving analytical tools, and management decision process.
8. Identify key foundational health metrics and alert conditions across the portfolio and operating domains.
Effective and accurate aggregation of project health metrics – by regions and market
9. Analyze portfolio performance trends to identify customer and employee impacting issues.
1. Generally, 7 years of experience required in related field (i.e., data analysis, operations management, etc.), with certification on business applications required in some areas OR an Advanced degree and 5 years of experience in related field.
2. Requires strong knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, Access, SharePoint, Hyperion Sage and other database (e.g., OBIEE or similar) or desktop analytics/data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, QlikView). Knowledge of VBA strongly preferred.
3. Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
4. Proven customer-focused project and/or process management skills with excellent interpersonal, leadership, presentation, and collaborative skills to work effectively with cross functional teams throughout the organization.
5. Demonstrated project management, project analysis, financial analysis and reporting understanding and strength with the ability to present and lead in executive level meetings.
6. Ability to work independently and proactively develop solutions with minimal guidance. Ability to solve problems which are broadly defined and require interpretation. Proposed solutions may require detailed analysis beyond what has been applied in past experience.
1. BS/BA in related discipline (i.e., Finance, Engineering, or Economics) preferred.
2. MBA or advanced degree a plus.
3. 3+ years of experience in a management role or leading cross functional projects preferred.
4. Experience in telecommunications or consulting industries desired.
5. Previous experience in an analytical role within or working with a product management organization.
Cox Communications, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. We have a tradition of encouraging a wide diversity of talents through a broad range of hiring practices. Please note those individuals submitting resumes online or by mailing a resume are not considered an applicant for employment until a signed employment application form is completed, usually at the time of interview.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. Cox Communications is the largest division of Cox Enterprises, a family-owned business founded in 1898 by Governor James M. Cox.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.