Associate Editor / Social Media
- Full Time
Emerald Expositions, a leading media and event company, is seeking a Social Media / Associate Editor on our Hospitality Design (http://www.hospitalitydesign.com) team. As an Associate Editor, you will be responsible for writing and editorial work, both in print and online. You will bring your passion for design or hospitality (design knowledge or experience a plus), as well as your enthusiasm to be the face for Hospitality Design at our events. The Hospitality Design team is a small, collaborative, and hard-working group, where you will relish the opportunity to wear many hats.
- Producing and writing the front of the book Sketchbook section for each issue of the magazine
- Writing other content (features, trend stories, etc) as needed for the magazine and online on a regular basis
- Exploring story leads, researching and developing ideas for the magazine and online
- Edit copy during production process
- Handle social media for the magazine including Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter, as well as LinkedIn and Pinterest as needed
- Work with clients on Instagram takeovers
- Handle social media at events, as well as assist with various event logistics
- Attend HD’s various tradeshows and conferences; moderate panels when needed
- Occasional meetings with salespeople and advertisers
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism or related degree preferred
- 3-5 years of writing and/or editorial experience
- Proficiency in InDesign, Photoshop, and the Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of Social Media platforms and CMS (Wordpress or similar)
- Excellent writing and communication skills, tact, sensitivity, and mature judgment are required
- Must be self-motivated and work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Must be organized and driven, able to work successfully both individually and as part of a team
- The ability to work with multiple articles and projects simultaneously and work independently while managing multiple and sequential deadlines is required
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the aptitude to build and maintain productive relationships are essential
ABOUT EMERALD EXPOSITIONS
At Emerald Expositions, we create experiences and events that delight and inspire. Emerald is a leading operator of business-to-business trade shows in the United States with a presence in multiple diversified industry sectors including sports, jewelry, photography, general merchandise, food, and hospitality & retail design. Our trade shows are complemented by industry analysis and market intelligence from our award-winning publications and websites. Last year Emerald’s events connected over 500,000 executives, professionals, creatives, and entrepreneurs at more than 55 trade shows, as well as numerous other face-to-face events.
Our team is comprised of over 500 innovators, creators, and influencers. We offer competitive rewards including a full suite of health and wellness benefits, flexible time off, and a generous parental leave policy. In addition, we have created an engaging, collaborative, and empowering work environment in each of our offices throughout the US. If you want to be challenged in an invigorating and dynamic environment where you can have a direct impact on the audience you support, you belong at Emerald.