Institutional Development Manager, Southern United States
- Full Time
Institutional Development Manager, Southern United States
New York, NY
Seniority Level: Associate
We are looking for an Institutional Development Manager (IDM) to join ITHAKA, a highly-successful non-profit with a mission to expand access to knowledge and education around the world whose brands include JSTOR, Artstor, Ithaka S+R, and Portico.
Maybe you used JSTOR (digital journals, books, and other content) in college and never realized there is a whole organization behind it! Libraries in 170 countries are our strategic partners in making sure people have easy digital access to the journals, books, images, and other content they need to learn and conduct research. As Institutional Development manager, you will establish and deepen relationships with librarians and other key decision-makers and influencers at colleges and universities, secondary schools, and other institutions in the Southern United States. Your goal is to encourage them to license and use our knowledge platforms and products: JSTOR (www.jstor.org) and Artstor (www.artstor.org), as well as our Portico preservation services (www.portico.org).
Based in NYC, you will have a unique opportunity to contribute to a dynamic and growing not-for-profit organization that, through delivery on our mission, is having a transformative impact on the lives of students, teachers, and researchers, and on the scholarly communications landscape more generally.
You will play a critical role on our team, successfully doing the following:
- Develop and enhance ITHAKA’s strategic relationships in the academic community;
- Help the organization achieve annual participation goals and targets for specific products (e.g., JSTOR Thematic Collections, Artstor Digital Library, JSTOR Forum, etc.); and
- Effectively represent ITHAKA formally and informally at events throughout your region.
Your efforts will benefit from the fact that ITHAKA is a well-respected organization that continues to evolve and develop new affordable, innovative knowledge products as well as fee models and strategies that encourage widespread participation to generate the broadest possible access to knowledge.
To succeed, you will need to develop a deep understanding of ITHAKA’s four different services (Artstor, Ithaka S+R, JSTOR, and Portico) and their various product lines, and work creatively with each service’s leadership team and a variety of stakeholders to support your promotional activities and enhance relationships.
Specifically, to meet these objectives, you will:
- Identify, build, and enhance ITHAKA’s strategic relationships with key buying influencers at the libraries in your assigned region to grow their JSTOR participation.
- Work with and support consortia relationships in the higher education community in your assigned region.
- Communicate effectively with ITHAKA’s Outreach and Marketing teams to coordinate and direct activities in support of annual participation goals for accounts in your region.
- Advise on planning outreach strategies to facilitate participation growth consistent with ITHAKA’s strategic growth and sustainable objectives for growth accounts in your region.
- Provide feedback to the ITHAKA Marketing team in ways that improve building awareness of ITHAKA’s products and services toward the goal of growing participation.
- Communicate as needed with ITHAKA staff to ensure there is up to date information regarding strategic and participation objectives and goals.
- Communicate with ITHAKA staff to accomplish the monthly and quarterly objectives established in the organization.
- Collaborate with the Outreach support and analytics teams to provide participants with sales and support data and information to facilitate awareness of product and service offerings and to help reach revenue objectives.
- Manage an up-to-date pipeline in Sugar CRM with all sales related activity to support revenue forecasting.
- Process all account activity within designated timelines as outlined in the Outreach Service Level Agreement.
- Ability to travel frequently (est. 30%).
- BA/BS required; MBA/MLS or advanced degree a plus.
- Minimum 3-5 years of sales or fundraising experience, including working in a distributed outreach/sales organization, preferably with a digital publisher or library vendor.A proven record of success in meeting growth targets and building strategic relationships with senior leaders in the higher education library community.
- Strong preference for knowledge of the scholarly communications environment and familiarity with the current digital landscape.
- Ability to balance strong mission-based goals with skill, efficiency, and discipline.
- A sophisticated understanding of content license agreements.
- Excellent record building and managing key relationships in the academic library community.
- Demonstrated aptitude for strategic thinking, business modeling, and product positioning in a quickly changing environment.
- Ability to effectively demonstrate digital content and platform tools.
- Excellent analytical, technical, and communication skills, including a record of public speaking.
Work for ITHAKA
We are committed to our organizational values of belonging, evidence, speed, teamwork, and trust.
Our team is passionate about our mission and supporting one another. We enjoy working together to create opportunities for people to learn and grow out in the world, and we bring that same commitment to helping our teammates develop in our careers and our lives. One of our core values is belonging. We embrace differences, and believe that the things that make each of us unique are the things that help us see new insights and build better solutions.
Learn more about Working at ITHAKA.
Interested candidates can submit their resume, a detailed cover letter, and salary requirements.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, domestic violence victim status, veteran status, disability, history of disability or perceived disability, or other status protected by law.