Senior Director, Advanced Marketing Analytics, Cox Business
- Full Time
The Sr. Director, Advanced Marketing Analytics will have responsibility for establishment and oversight of Cox Business’ marketing analytics strategy, including marketing campaign reporting, customer segmentation, marketing optimization as well as advanced traditional media and digital marketing analytical modeling activities. The ideal candidate will serve a critical role transforming our analytics capabilities and helping to set the foundational roadmap ahead, delivering data-driven insights to make informed strategic decisions.
We are looking for a leader who can build solid relationships across analytical and agency partners as well as internal stakeholder clients.
The ideal candidate will be empowered to manage, lead and develop others while also playing an active “hands-on” role in strategy and execution. This position reports to the Executive Director of Marketing and Sales Operations, and is being established to cover descriptive, diagnostic, predictive and prescriptive analytical insights.
The Sr. Director and his/her team will act as the center of excellence for Cox Business in developing best practices, guidelines and governance across campaign reporting, customer segmentation, traditional and digital marketing, media mix optimization as well as advanced modeling toolsets.
Working in concert with our Consumer Insights, Pricing and Business Intelligence community, the desired intent is to develop an integrated, analytical marketing framework and supporting organization.
Provide holistic advanced marketing analytics across Cox Business with connective tissue inclusive of marketing campaign analytics and advanced marketing model efforts.
Evolve and transform an existing reporting and campaign management-centric team into a data sciences-led team, taking an always-on approach towards actionable insights.
Through advanced data manipulation, lead the ideation, development and rollout of an analytical roadmap to enhance performance gains in traditional, digital (paid social, SEO, display, programmatic, email, etc.) and account-based marketing tactics.
Lead multi-channel response attribution to optimize marketing channel investments.Establish the appropriate rigor with ongoing test and target marketing rigor so as to increase share of wallet and associated customer lifetime value, while reducing customer churn.
Lead forecasting trends across traffic drivers (sales call volume, site traffic, etc.), products, sales channels and regions, and identify opportunities for driving business growth.
Enable the business to make fact-based marketing decisions through the delivery of advanced analytics methods and related prospect and customer segmentation strategy, focusing on marketing investment optimization and opportunities to drive sustainable and profitable revenue growth.
Support the strategic planning process by providing marketing forecasts, analysis and direction on demand generation investment effectiveness.Lead marketing list development accessibility, analytical dataset creation and ongoing reporting strategy through statistics, data acquisition, data mining and optimization techniques with first-party, third-party business data requirements, ensuring optimal analytic delivery.
Support real-time and predictive approaches across in-market, out-of-footprint tests in collaboration with field and center marketing personnel as well as agency partners.
Lead the standardization across in-depth media research and analytics which power marketing ROI calculators used to determine effective levels of media spend. Develop, assess and hypothesize the use of media and related data for ongoing segmentation and engagement planning.
- 10+ years of experience with an impressive track record in related analytics, data sciences, modeling, information integration expertise.
- Strategic thinking, courageous innovation that reshapes markets, and a creative approach to marketing analytics.
- A forward-looking leader, unbound by what has been done, what is traditional, and what has worked in the past.
- Particular strengths in media mix modeling optimization, specific but not limited to digital, search, email, account-based marketing (ABM) and traditional tactics to ensure maximum ROI and tracking on all media investments.
- Excellent diagnostic skills to analyze, identify discrepancies and opportunities within advanced marketing and propensity models, offering guidance and interpretation.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and apply information-driven analytic and customer segmentation approaches, including the latest in innovative tools, methods and modeling, e.g. machine learning and AI to solve critical marketing and business-centric questions in a practical manner with tangible results.
- Ability to take complex analytic solutions and be able to articulate/story-tell to enable actionable insights and operational decisions.
- Cable/telecommunications experience
- BA or BS degree in marketing, mathematics, statistics, or equivalent advanced analytics work experience desired.
- MBA or Master’s Degree (preferably in Marketing Analytics, Data Science or Computer Science) preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of marketing in concert with fundamental analytical, statistical techniques, attribution results, forecasting, simulation and data optimization
- Awareness and understanding of digital marketing and mobile apps, CRM and marketing automation, e.g. Salesforce.com, Adobe Marketing Cloud, Unica, DemandBase, etc.
- Able to recommend additional tools and associated software.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. Cox Communications is the largest division of Cox Enterprises, a family-owned business founded in 1898 by Governor James M. Cox.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.