- Full Time
Jaybird Communications LLC is looking for a talented writer to handle social media and newsletter creation for itself and its clients as our Content Coordinator. The person in this role needs to bring an understanding of best practices and trends in social media and newsletter marketing for B2B, and how to apply them for the music industry. In addition to having excellent writing skills, a candidate must also be a strong critical thinker: understanding the key issues for clients and how to address them using communications tools, while also bearing in mind the current news cycle. Primary focus will be to write, schedule, and coordinate daily social media posts for multiple social media platforms and write and design regular email newsletters. Content Coordinator will also assist team members with writing op-eds/guest posts, press releases, and pitches.
Key Skills & Requirements:
- Able to synthesize complex information and distill into engaging long and short form communications to support client goals: op-eds/guest posts, media pitches, newsletters, social posts.
- Outstanding writing and research skills. Opinions on Oxford commas and familiarity with AP style. Copywriting/proofreading skills a major plus.
- An insatiable reader of music industry information; able to quickly identify stories that match Jaybird client communication priorities and act on them appropriately.Excellent planning and multi-tasking skills to handle several projects and shifting priorities, balancing day-to-day execution and big-picture strategic thinking. Maintain editorial calendars: tracking events and evergreen content opportunities in addition to reactive posts.
- Must be fluent with social media platforms and tools including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, HootSuite, and Canva, as well as email creation and distribution tools MailChimp and iContact.
- Photo editing ability and an eye for design.
- 1-3+ years of work experience preferred. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Experience with MS Office / G-Suite
- Experience with video and/or audio editing a plus.
- Position is based in Manhattan; Jaybird offers flexible scheduling, but applicant must be able to come into the office on a regular basis.
Applicants must submit a resume and cover letter with links to social media profiles provided. In the cover letter, please answer the following questions:
- Why are you interested in working at Jaybird Communications?
- What music industry story of the last 3 months has been most interesting to you and why?
- What do you think of the role of social media for B2B companies?
Applicants who do not send all the above will not be considered. Please email these materials to email@example.com.
Promising candidates will then have a 20-30 minute phone interview, and then the final candidates will come in to meet other team members and do an on-site skill test.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.