Data Analyst I - Cox Media Inc
- Full Time
Responsible for measuring and assessing the effectiveness of Cox Media processes and procedures. Ensures quality processes and programs are being utilized and are effective by developing performance measurements and communicating performance relative to standards. Ensures optimal efficiency by monitoring work quality; delivering reports, statistics and recommendations for improvement.The Inventory Data Analyst I is responsible for implementing and executing Cox Media’s overarching pricing and inventory strategy, which is determined by the Cox Media California Leadership Team. This position is responsible for optimizing inventory and maximizing revenues for the California system by analyzing reports and data that provide critical business intelligence and by making recommendations to the Leadership Team. This includes execution and deployment of inventory and pricing strategies that vary by sales channel and modeling various inventory and pricing strategies to ensure maximum benefit to Cox Media. This is an analyst level role with significant responsibility for optimizing yield management of Cox Media California’s advertising products. This position reports to the Manager of Inventory Strategy. MAJOR TASKS
- Conducts business impact analyses and validation studies through all stages: concept formulation, the definition of metrics, determination of appropriate statistical methodology, research evaluation, and final research report.
- Provides and conducts trend analysis to support business operations
- Writes reports, create charts, presentations, and timelines in support of department or business operations.
- Interprets operational requirements and Methods and Procedures for inclusion in studies and analysis, and to conduct root causes analyses and make recommendations to improve the business processes.
- Provides recommendations for operational efficiencies and process improvements and assists in policy development to support change initiatives
- May write code to automate reports and templates and consolidate data into reports and knowledge.
- Conducts less complex statistical analyses to create actionable insights for department leadership.
- Collaborates with colleagues in the function and boundary partners to conduct root cause analysis, create recommendations for improvement and identify ad hoc areas for additional research into trends.
- Provides input to leadership on performance issues and operational process improvements.
- Applies quantitative methods of social science data analysis
- Utilizes survey research literature, methods, and processes.
- Uses and may program statistical analysis software
- Participates in the team or departmental meetings and individual meetings with supervisor concerning own job performance.
- Attends job-related initial, cross-training and refresher training.
- Reads new or updated reference material or announcements pertaining to promotions, programming changes, specials, policies, and other Company business.
- Presents data and provides recommendations to leadership for their use in the development and utilization of best practices and tools necessary to maximize the value of Cox Media advertising products in a dynamic market environment.
- Analyzes inventory and rate practices to develop optimum revenue opportunities, including the execution of rate adjustments and inventory allocation changes as needed.
- Ensures data integrity for reporting, including identifying and troubleshooting issues.
- Maintain various databases including high-profile inventory for trending, pricing analysis, and forecasting.
- Analyzes historical performance and helps create program-related sponsorships in coordination with sales, research, and marketing departments.
- Researches, compiles and distributes accurate and timely inventory updates and trending for sports inventory and high-profile programming to the sales department.
- Evaluates inventory demands against availability to assist sales consultants and support with pre-clearing proposals and orders.
- Ensure inventory is structured properly and revenue is maximized.
- Participate in professional development activities to enhance and build personal and professional skills.
- Assists in the accomplishment of company objectives by performing other duties as assigned.
- 1+ years of successful experience researching and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data in a related field (i.e. Media Sales Operations, Media Inventory/Yield Management, and/or Broadcast Traffic Management).
- 1-year of successful experience using Microsoft Office Suite applications in a work setting with strong knowledge in Excel.
- Excellent soft skills such as interpersonal, leadership, presentation and collaborative to all for working effectively with teams throughout the organization.
- BA/BS in a related field strongly desired (i.e. Communications, Finance, Business Operations, etc.).
- 2+ years of successful experience researching and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data in a related field.
- 2+ years of successful experience using Microsoft Office Suite applications in a work setting with strong knowledge in Excel and intermediate knowledge of Access.
- Education and/or 2+ years’ experience in data mining, working with large data sets and recommending innovative analytical solutions.
- Experience working in a broadcast and/or cable sales operations and inventory/yield management environment.
- Demonstrated experience communicating with and influencing higher-level leaders.
- Experience using Novar or other broadcast scheduling software, TIM, Prophet, and Strata.
About Cox CommunicationsCox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. Cox Communications is the largest division of Cox Enterprises, a family-owned business founded in 1898 by Governor James M. Cox.