Penguin Random House is looking for a highly organized and aspiring publishing professional to join the Penguin Random House Publisher Services sales team. In this role, you will assist the National Account sales team, who are responsible for selling our exciting portfolio of client titles, including DC Comics, America’s Test Kitchen, National Geographic, Wizards of the Coast, and many others, into the online accounts. The Assistant will work directly with customers, including Amazon, Apple, and Google, and will work closely with the larger National Accounts team to maximize client sales across the marketplace.
If you have a passion for reading and are looking for the opportunity to work with a key accounts, this may be the perfect position for you!
Specific responsibilities include:
* Acting as a liaison between customer, sales team, and 50 client publishers.
* Coordinating the monthly Amazon merchandising grid upload.
* Executing the quarterly Kindle and physical print deal nomination grids.
* Supporting the Apple, Google and Kobo price promotion nominations.
* Acting as a key member of the OMNI edelweiss mark-up team.
* Gathering title information, preparing presentations for sales calls, mailing books to customers, and updating mailing lists.
* Providing general administrative support to the Vice President.
* Assisting with other projects as needed.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
* Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to work well under pressure
* A passion for connecting readers with a diverse list of books
* Proven ability to prioritize multiple assignments and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
* Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
* Knowledge of Amazon Vendor Central and SAP a plus
Salary for the Assistant level is $40,000.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.