Manager, Online & Digital Business Development
Posted: 10/28/2019 | Expires: 11/27/2019
Location: New York, New York
Function: Sales & Business Development
Specialty: Business Development
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Penguin Random House is seeking a self-motivated, strategic thinker to fill the position of Manager, Online and Digital Business Development. Your primary responsibility will be managing the on-boarding of new sales accounts in both established and emerging markets. You will also work on cross-functional initiatives and projects that help drive key sales channel development.
The Online and Digital Business Development team is responsible for identifying and on-boarding accounts from new and existing markets, including new partners like startup technology companies and established institutions that support sales to libraries and universities. As a member of the Business Development team, you’ll have a unique opportunity to be both the face of the company in dealing with prospective accounts and work closely with PRH’s senior leadership, including the sales, legal, operations, and international teams.
We are a fast-paced and thoughtful group that thrives within a team-oriented environment. We welcome applicants that are able to embrace the challenges that comes with identifying and establishing new business opportunities and processes while also contributing to the overall efficiency and effectiveness of our team.
* Research prospective accounts to identify new leads and potential new markets that align with the company’s strategic priorities
* Manage the on-boarding of new accounts from end to end, including identifying new market opportunities, negotiating terms, and executing account set-up with cross-functional teams
* Build relationships with new accounts while maintaining relationships with existing accounts
* Lead analytics projects, leveraging data to identify opportunities, drive decisions, and monitor growth
* Develop the new account pipeline with a focus on identifying CRM improvements, and by generating sales analysis to improve team performance
* Support the other members of the Business Development Team on a myriad of special projects with ever evolving profile and priority levels
Please apply to join us if you meet the following qualifications:
* At least 5 years professional experience in business development, sales strategy or related field
* Proven ability to effectively interact and communicate with employees across all levels within a company
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills; including presentation skills
* Proficient Microsoft Office user, particularly with PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
* Strong analytical skills
* A true team player; enjoys working on teams, strong collaboration skills
* Creative thinker always focused on the best way to solve a business challenge
* Highly organized with a strong ability to prioritize, plan, and execute multiple projects and deadlines
* Ability to digest complex information and distill into clear and actionable insights
* Entrepreneurial spirit and sense of humor a plus
More about You:
In addition to demonstrating why you’d be a perfect fit for the role, we’d love to hear about you! Please include something about your personal passion/ interests (outside of what might traditionally be included on your resume) in your cover letter to help us get to know you a little better.
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.