Assistant Digital Editor
- Full Time
The ideal Assistant Digital Editor candidate has excellent writing and editing skills, is proactive, creative, organized and has an eye for detail. In addition to daily digital production support, the assistant editor may be included in conceptualizing editorial projects and campaigns; write trends-driven wine and spirits content and help to execute a variety of digital packages with the senior editors. This is a hands-on job that involves direct interaction with a network of international writers and editors as well as daily production tasks for the Wine Enthusiast magazine website, Winemag.com.
Other Responsibilities Include:
- Detailed fact-checking under the advisement of senior editors
- Write headlines and excerpts for articles based on SEO best practices
- Produce articles and other web-exclusive content via WordPress CMS from start to finish, as well as converting pieces from our print magazine via InDesign into WordPress, in accordance with our monthly editorial calendar
- Coordinate with our Tasting & Review department to produce trend stories and wine recommendation round-ups
- Pitch and write shorter news and trend pieces to run on winemag.com
- Keep the homepage and other sections of winemag.com up-to-date with the latest editorial content
- Assist in basic photo research and occasional image sourcing under the advisement of the art team
- Maintain daily production schedule
Desired Experience and Skill Set:
- Solid writing, grammar and line-editing skills
- Broad experience in digital media and/or an ability to pick up and learn new software and technology in a timely manner
- Experience in WordPress or similar CMS highly desired
- Attention to detail and deadlines, and must have experience multitasking and tracking many projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Basic knowledge of HTML and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) helpful
- Understanding of SEO best practices and keyword research, or the ability to learn
- Previous experience in the food and beverage industry and/or familiarity with wine a plus
This is a full-time position working onsite at our headquarters in Valhalla, NY. We offer a competitive compensation package which includes paid time off, medical, dental, vision benefits, life insurance, 401k match, employee discount program, an on-site cafe and gym, weekly yoga and seasonal wine tasting classes, covered parking and shuttle service between White Plains train station and our offices.
If this position interests you and your skills meet the requirements, please respond with a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to contacting those who best match this current opening.
Please no phone calls or third parties. We are proud to be an EOE