Content Producer, AJC
- Full Time
The Digital Content Producer produces audience focused content with a focus on viral/trending stories and fulfilling AJC sponsorships. The producer works closely with the Content Manager to grow sponsorships and The AJC audience, while also optimizing content for increase revenue. .
• Writes original content as assigned by content lead and/or content manager
• Produces high-quality content ideas that are engaging and on-point
• Manages work of freelancers who create and/or source content for viral/trending and revenue initiatives
• May attend daily newsroom meetings to plan coverage for the day
• Understands digital content, how to frame it for social engagement and how to measure or estimate its success
• Edits or approves content submitted by freelancers
• Observes ethical and brand standards in content
• Selects or sources artwork
• Produces short videos using tools such as Wibbitz
• Works in AJC content management system to design, layout and manage advertising content
• Creates social content as needed to promote content
• Assists in tracking performance and overall progress to annual goals
• Supports advertising content team as needed with Sponsorship advertising content
• Manages social media accounts and/or homepage to help promote and distribute content
• Analyze existing content for potential to increase revenue yield and/or distribution, through tactics such as SEO optimization, headline rewriting, updating evergreen content and adding video Qualifications:Education:
• Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent directly related work experience)
• 3+ years of experience in the following
• Strong teamwork, communication and brainstorming
• Good troubleshooting skills and a love of solving problems
• Ability to adapt quickly and seamlessly in an ever-changing environment
• Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated experience in cross-functional collaboration
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Understanding of news judgement and journalism ethics
• Knowledge of production management platforms and digital marketing tools, i.e. Facebook, Twitter, WordPress, etc.
• Knowledge of digital analytics, preferably Google Analytics
• Technology orientation, including platforms and systems
• Data analysis and synthesis from a variety of sources
• Ability to manage and deliver results in a matrix organization
• Highly developed attention to detail
• Creative when new solutions are required
• High interest in the digital content marketplace and understanding of the competitive landscape in which we operate
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.