Senior Manager Marketing, Traffic Acquisition
- Full Time
The Senior Marketing Manager, Traffic Acquisition will lead the digital direct response traffic driving programs for the Autotrader/Kelley Blue Book business.
This person will work directly with our agency and their direct report
to oversee the strategy, management, execution and measurement of programs such as Search Engine Marketing (paid search), Display, Programmatic, Native,
Retargeting, Social and more.
This role will partner across multiple disciplines including analytics/finance/product/decision science to help set business goals as well
as marketing technology to achieve those goals through traffic
This person will be expected to maintain auto and digital industry knowledge while driving innovation and new sources of traffic for the business to continue to set Autotrader /Kelley Blue Book apart from the competition.
They will also develop and present campaign insights to their direct
managers as well as the larger marketing team and collaborate across Cox
Automotive on an ongoing basis.
The ideal candidate will have extensive
experience managing national direct response and ROI driven digital programs,
with a proven track record in planning and proactively pushing new and
innovative marketing programs.
They should also have a strong background and knowledge in search engine marketing strategy/management. This individual will work strategically with their direct report(s), internal business constituents and external agencies to provide
cost-effective solutions that support the company's overall business objectives
and help grow our brands. Successful candidates will be very analytical,
creative, well-spoken and email articulate, pro-active, self-motivated, detail
oriented, organized, flexible, and possess the ability to manage and complete
multiple projects within aggressive timeframes.
- Lead traffic acquisition planning and be seen as the main point of contact for all things Autotrader/Kelley Blue Book (SEM, Display, programmatic, etc.)
- Partner with internal stakeholders such as product, marketing analytics, decision sciences, finance and others to enhance product offerings, data accuracy, forecasting capabilities, etc.
- Manage, mentor and partner with direct report to manage deliverables, maintain budget documentation, billing, department communication, reporting, meeting morganization, etc.
- Partner with agencies to seamlessly plan, execute, optimize and improve all SEM, native, display/social campaigns including but not limited to daily/weekly calls, reporting, merchandising, etc.
- Use industry knowledge and competitive insights to push innovation and thought leadership on an ongoing basis
- Participate in producing and analyzing business projects such as Media Mix Modeling, annual Upfronts/forecasting
- Prioritize internal traffic team, and external agencies day to day work based on business need
- Own relationships with external partners including direct partnerships with vendors and other to ensure business alignment, expectations and traffic needs are met.
- Ensure both Brand and Performance Marketing cross agency recommendations are cohesive and align with goals
- Compile documentation and work with Tech leads to enhance first party data tracking and push product ideas for implementation (pixels, feeds, audience management, etc)
- Drive innovative traffic planning/strategies/POVs with agencies, vendors, analytics, finance, decision science, and marketing technology to add value back to the brand
- Bachelor/s Degree in Marketing, Communications or other related field required. Advanced Degree preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in a management/leadership role
- Generally 10 years of experience in marketing, preferably with a strong media background in digital (specifically Paid Search + Display)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize heavy work load and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience planning and overseeing a national campaign(s) with multi-million-dollar marketing budget.
- Strong business acumen, with the ability to work effectively with senior leaders and other key stakeholders throughout the organization
- Experience managing direct reports, advertising agencies and vendors, advertising agency experience a plus
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.