Junior Art Director
- Full Time
JDC is seeking a Junior Art Director to join the Marketing and Communications (Marcom) team. The Junior Art Director will be a hybrid designer, with experience across both interactive and print. This role will oversee visual art direction across all platforms and channels, including print, interactive, social, and events. They will report to and work closely with the Creative Director, and will be responsible for ensuring brand consistency. They will work closely with the broader marketing team, particularly designers and developers, on a regular basis to serve internal clients at JDC. This is a hands-on position, creating print and web content.
What will you do as a Junior Art Director?
- Ensure consistent visual communication throughout all media across the board at JDC
- Working within the creative vision of the Creative Director, articulate JDC’s artistic vision
- Help the Creative Director to execute asset creation and ensure the visual brand is aligned across platforms
- Design on-brand graphic content for print and web
- Support web and graphic designers to turnaround projects in a fast-paced environment by providing guidance and helpful tools
- Direct the internal team and vendors in art on major projects
- Engage and manage vendors, including artists, designers, and web developers, as needed
- Manage and conduct photo and video shoots
- Become an expert on JDC’s work
- Other related duties as assigned
What qualifications do you need to be our Junior Art Director?
- Prior experience in graphic design and interactive design or development required
- Expertise with Adobe Creative Cloud required – experience with Sketch a plus
- Familiarity with Wordpress required
- Advanced design skills, design style aligned with JDC’s branding, and an ability to design across interactive and print media, as well as collateral for live events
- Excellent customer service and client management skills, including outstanding communication skills and the ability to manage expectations and differing priorities
- Strong teamwork skills, including the ability to listen to and advocate for the ideas of colleagues whenever possible
- Ability to both give and receive positive and constructive feedback to/from colleagues in a helpful manner
- Passion for humanitarian work and/or global Jewish service strongly preferred
What are the compensation and benefits for a Junior Art Director?
- This a full-time, salaried position paid semi-monthly. This role is exempt per the FLSA.
- We offer an excellent benefits and compensation package, including but not limited to:
- 100% paid medical and dental insurance for employee coverage
- Paid time off, including vacation days, sick and personal days, and Jewish and national holidays
- 403(b) with JDC contributions of 6.5% of salary
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), commuter benefits, and life insurance
- Learning & Development: Ongoing opportunities for professional development through workshops and trainings with our internal L&D program
- Food Perks: Bagel Fridays in the winter, Ice Cream Fridays in the summer, and beverages/snacks in the office
Why work at JDC?
- The People – What we hear most from our team members is that they enjoy working with others who share their passion for doing good; Our staff aim to use their skills to make a positive difference in the lives of others
- A Global Environment – you will have the opportunity to develop a global perspective, working with staff from the U.S., Israel, the Former Soviet Union, and all over the world
- Tikkun Olam – This Jewish value of “repairing the world” is deeply important to us. Collectively we are dedicated to making a positive impact on the lives of others
Equal Employment Opportunity
JDC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As the world’s leading Jewish humanitarian organization, we are committed to treating people with compassion and respect. All qualified applications will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, disability, mental disorder, familial status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
Submit your resume, portfolio, and cover letter here. Please note that we require a linked or attached portfolio as part of your application. Portfolio submissions should include examples of print, web, and if possible live event art direction.
Deadline to apply: November 15th
Join The American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee (JDC), the world’s leading Jewish humanitarian assistance organization. JDC works in around 70 countries and in Israel to alleviate hunger and hardship, rescue Jews in danger, create lasting connections to Jewish life, and help Israel overcome the social challenges of its most vulnerable citizens, both Jewish and non-Jewish. Our reach extends beyond the global Jewish community by providing immediate relief and long-term development support for victims of natural and man-made disasters worldwide.
JDC has over 100 years of experience providing social and humanitarian services to Jewish people. You can learn more about JDC at www.jdc.org.