Editor In Chief
- Full Time
Chewy is seeking an Editor in Chief to establish Chewy as the destination for pet parent lifestyle and advice. Based in Dania Beach, FL, this role will lead the evolution of Pet Central's editorial strategy, voice and content experiences. At Chewy, we support the pet ecosystem with expertise and advice. In addition, we participate in pet culture, lifestyle and social moments that are important to pet parents.
What You'll Do:
- Develop and champion the editorial strategy that brings the Chewy brand to life to the millennial audience as well as current customers.
- Lead and inspire a team of editors, writers and content creators to develop and execute the editorial strategy.
- Create and enforce the editorial operating model for efficient and high-quality editorial production.
- Inform editorial strategy with a variety of data: site analytics, consumer insights, cultural trends.
- Measure success with appropriate editorial KPIs.
- Continually broaden Chewy’s relevance and influence by connecting our brand to culture as it relates to pet parents.
- Protect Chewy’s voice per our brand personality and manifest Chewy’s mission and values in our editorial to foster trust with pet parents.
- Collaborate across marketing to develop editorial that is designed to be distributed across channels.
- Create editorial programs that are opportunities for external voices such as influencers, national brands, and partners to participate.
- Manage the in-house editorial team and external resources
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or related field
- Experience developing / starting up content site
- Proven success in hiring and developing an in-house editorial team
- 12+ years of experience at a media company and digital publication
- 5+ years in a leadership role
- Familiarity with Google Search Console, Google Analytics and Wordpress, SEMRush
- Position may require travel
- eCommerce experience
- Ideally interests in pets and the experience of pet parents