The Studio is Bloomberg's in-house creative group. We work on assignments for digital, print, environmental, interactive and broadcast projects. The Studio has outstanding writing, design, production and content capabilities. Our creative team has a strong hands-on and highly collaborative approach to both campaign concept development and graphic design systems. The team ensures ideas are realized to premier standard execution. The Studio drives projects across the full spectrum of Bloomberg, rolling out campaigns both internally and externally. The team works across a global workflow, with staff in all our major offices.
What's the role?
Our Studio team is searching for a copywriter and copy editor hybrid for a 6 month contract position, to work alongside our Bloomberg Philanthropies team on various print and digital projects. The person in this role will spend 50 percent of their time writing and adapting copy from scratch and the other 50 percent copy editing, proofreading, and fact checking existing content. This hybrid role requires someone who is meticulous and excels in a very fast-paced environment.
We'll will trust you to:
- Copyedit and fact-check various forms of web content such as blog posts, long-form articles,
slide shows, the homepage, section pages
- Work in WordPress to publish digital content
- Develop short content from scratch, working in partnership with project managers, digital
and graphic designers.
- Check text to ensure it is well written and logically structured
- Correct grammar and spelling check
- Check facts and raise queries with content to ensure the highest quality content is produced
- Research and study Bloomberg Philanthropies and its six key areas - Arts, Education, Environment, Founders' Projects, Government Innovation, and Public Health.
- Take existing content and finesse the copy to fit a specific word or character count
You will need to have:
- Excellent written American English, including good spelling and grammar
- A meticulous approach to your work and an eye for detail
- An ability to maintain high-quality work while meeting tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently, and be able to prioritize.
- Work in an organized and systematic fashion.
- A thoughtful approach when dealing with copywriters and partners
- Digital-content editing experience using a CMS such as Wordpress
- Be able to follow client feedback in a thorough, timely manner. Attention to detail is key.
We'd love to see:
- 8 years of experience
- Experience working with the governmental or NGO sector
- Online and website experience is essential
- Journalism experience is desired
- Annual report experience is needed
- Social media experience is helpful
- Experience editing digital content and using a CMS; Familiarity with Wordpress a bonus.
- Prior experience working with Workfront a plus
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.