CNBC is seeking a business news-obsessed Producer to join our growing digital video team. This position is perfect for a producer with deep understanding of markets and politics and their convergence. The role includes pitching, creating and owning smart original projects, including spearheading episodic series to publish across CNBC's digital platforms, including YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. The producer must be a team player, excited to collaborate with other reporters and producers on their stories as well.
Here are some examples of the content this journalist will be expected to create:
Why College Is So Expensive In Americahttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWJ0OaojfiA
How Government Cheese Became Welfare For Farmershttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPuY0oDGeiw
Why Goldman Sachs Went From Investing For The Rich To Targeting Everyonehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXgUea6JVcI
The ideal candidate is a talented shooter and creative editor, has a passion for visual storytelling, and thrives in a fast-paced news environment. Being comfortable in front of the camera and willingness to experiment with hosted content is a plus.
Editorial judgment, writing and editing experience are paramount. Finding unique angles, crafting sharp scripts and video content on tight deadlines is what this job is all about. This person should have a passion for telling stories that are uniquely targeted to CNBC’s audience and be inspired by the opportunity to do original reporting. Producing stories that could be controversial or sensitive will be part of the day-to-day. Ideally this person has a passion for finding compelling characters to serve as an example of their larger thesis. Writing articles to set up videos is also expected.
• At least 4 years of experience with all aspects of digital video production including shooting, editing, lighting, and scripting
• Mastery of DSLR cameras (Canon, Sony, Panasonic), Adobe Premiere, Photoshop and other industry standard equipment and tools
• Script and/or voice-over writing experience
• Knowledge of multimedia storytelling and working knowledge of online publishing systems
• Highly collaborative and creative attitude
• Demonstrable organizational and time management skills and working well under deadline pressure
• Must be able to lift, carry and transport production equipment on a regular basis
• A sample of the candidate's work will be required *please provide links when applying*
• Strong interest in innovative video storytelling and strategic thinking around social media
• Ability and willingness to work non-traditional hours and travel
• Broad knowledge of current events, business, politics, financial and technology news
• Sourcing and contacts in the business and political space
• Passion for creating original reporting and character driven storytelling
• Bachelor's Degree completed, or comparable professional experience
• Experience hosting and creating digital video series and explainers
• Skills in After Effects, animation
• Expertise in shooting with drones
• Interest in emerging social media platforms
• Willingness to explore other mediums such as podcasts or virtual/augmented reality/360 content
CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to over 400 million homes worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries. CNBC also delivers content across a variety of digital platforms such as: CNBC.com; CNBC PRO, a premium service that provides in-depth access to Wall Street; a suite of CNBC mobile apps for iOS and Android devices; Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple Siri voice interfaces; and streaming services including Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV and Samsung Smart TVs. CNBC is a division of NBCUniversal, which is owned by Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.