Video Editor, CNBC Make It
Location: Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
CNBC is seeking an experienced video editor to join our growing video team under the NYC-based Make It brand. CNBC Make It is a fast-growing, consumer-friendly section of CNBC devoted to aspirational content about entrepreneurship, leadership, careers and money.
The candidate will be tasked with editing short documentary-style video stories tailored for mobile, social, digital and broadcast audiences. Long-form editing opportunities are possible, as well. Editorial judgment, writing and producing skills are preferred.
The ideal candidate is a self-starting idea-generator who can take raw footage and interviews from the field and produce strong journalism using text and graphics to build engaging segments. If you desire a role that doesn’t pigeonhole you as an editor or motion designer, but lets you flex your visual storytelling muscle, and most of all contribute as a team player, then you could be a great fit. The editor will be asked to work with a number of producers and must be able to work under tight deadlines.
• Four-year college degree with course work/major emphasis on communications, TV/Web production, journalism, multimedia studies or film
• At least 5 years of professional experience editing with Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, Avid or similar
• Ability to create rough and final cuts for evaluation and feedback within deadlines
• Ability to turn a rough cut into a finished, polished video
• Animation and graphic design experience in After Effects, Photoshop and/or Illustrator
• Experience handling multiple projects in a fast-paced work environment, under tight deadlines
• Online portfolio that demonstrates video, motion design and post-production skills required. Vimeo links preferred.
• Excellent organizational and media management skills
• Ability to work well in a collaborative environment
• Experience optimizing video edits for social media
•PLEASE NOTE: This is a short-term position, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
• Ability to understand and perform the basics of video production, including general camera use, shot composition, and lighting
• Reporting, writing and producing skills are preferred
• Experience in a fast-paced news environment
• Interest and knowledge in technology and business news
• Experience with DSLR video cameras and audio recording
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
With CNBC in the U.S., CNBC in Asia Pacific, CNBC in Europe, Middle East and Africa, and CNBC World, CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to 410 million homes worldwide, including more than 90 million households in the United States and Canada. CNBC also provides daily business updates to 400 million households across China. The network's 15 live hours a day of business programming in North America (weekdays from 4:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC Digital delivers more than 55 million U.S. multi-platform unique visitors each month. CNBC.com provides real-time financial market news and information to CNBC’s investor audience. CNBC Make It is a digital destination focused on making you smarter about how you earn, save and spend your money by zeroing in on careers, leadership, entrepreneurship and personal finance.
CNBC has a vast portfolio of digital products, offering CNBC content to a variety of platforms such as: CNBC.com; CNBC PRO, a premium service that provides in-depth access to Wall Street; a suite of CNBC mobile apps for iOS and Android devices; Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple Siri voice interfaces; and streaming services including Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV and Samsung Smart TVs.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.