Director of Digital Products
- Full Time
Director of Digital Products
Washingtonian is looking for a talented director of digital products to manage Washingtonian’s digital presence across all platforms. Key responsibilities include creating, overseeing, and growing all digital initiatives by managing a digital product team and outside web development. The role involves working closely with sales to monetize the high-quality editorial content and strong audience reach while delivering traffic growth. Candidate should have experience working with affiliates and outside partners. The job touches all corners of an ambitious organization looking to continue its significant digital growth, both on the revenue side and on the audience development side.
- Serve as digital strategy lead and product expert, overseeing the work of internal team for day-to-day project management and product development
- Manage a growing web team to ensure development of new products to drive revenue
- Optimize current digital products and make recommendations for changes to products to maximize revenue, site traffic growth and user engagement
- Identify new ad product opportunities from industry trends/challenges and perform market/competitive analysis to inform product decisions and roadmap. Present ideas for new products and features prioritizing needs based on company objectives as well as data analytics.
- Brianstorm with sales team to create custom and innovative solutions for advertisers
- Manage and explore partnership opportunities with relevant industry players/third party vendors to improve business driven product KPIs.
- Leverage our advertising technology stack to streamline automations and deliver results
- Strategize with digital operations manager to make recommendations to optimize performance for digital campaigns
- Oversee design, look and feel of Washingtonian.com
- Support audience development and brand departments to generate new offerings for subscriptions and audience growth
- Create and manage yearly budgets for web team and technology
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with department heads (product development, sales, circulation, editorial, etc…) to ensure all teams are aligned on organization’s priorities and strategy
- Strong team and project management skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities and bridge gaps between teams
- Great communication, people and interpersonal skills
- Clear understanding of programming and design principles
- Ability to identify requirement specifications implied by business needs, desires, and strategies
- Creative thinker
- Must have digital media experience
- Must be able to coach and lead a team and its members effectively
- Must be able to think strategically and translate strategy into tactical operations
- Expert in third-party ad serving platforms with special concentration in Google products and analytics.
Washingtonian.com runs on WordPress and Laravel. Washingtonian manages code and software versions in Github.
BA/BS Degree or other comparable training.
Minimum 5 years of related experience.
Proven management of infrastructure supporting visible, high traffic web properties.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Washingtonian serves a diverse region and seeks a diverse staff. We’re looking for people from all backgrounds.
Apply for Director of Digital Products
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly