Graphic Design Associate (part-time)
- Part Time
The Center for Constitutional Rights works with communities under threat to fight for justice and liberation through litigation, advocacy, and strategic communications. Since 1966, we have taken on oppressive systems of power, including structural racism, gender oppression, economic inequity, and governmental overreach.
Too often, the law supports systems of power that violate our most fundamental rights and prevent people from living with dignity. We use creative and aggressive legal strategies against the most virulent forms of oppression to push the law to meet the demands of justice. Our advocacy work complements litigation to build power where it’s most needed, among communities who have been pushed to the margins. Through strategic communications, we shift the dominant narratives that normalize rights violations and increase public support for our efforts.
Our approach is holistic, fearless, and relentless. By partnering with communities fighting for social justice and centering their struggles for liberation, we are able to transform systems, policies, and public narratives. You have a role to play in this fight. Join forces with activists, lawyers, and storytellers to fight oppression and build power at ccrjustice.org.
- Following the organizational branding guidelines, implement concept, layout design, artwork, and supervision of production for materials, including:
- Printed collateral, such as annual reports, brochures, leaflets, one-pagers, newsletters, white papers, reports, and direct mail
- Digital marketing, including website and social media ads
- Billboards, posters and non-traditional out-of-home advertising
- Banners and print ads
- Merchandise and swag
- Invitations, programs, backdrops and other event-related collateral
- Create charts, graphs, and other data-rich visualizations to embed in reports, blogs, presentations, and for other uses, including social media
- Ensure all creative and graphic content and layouts are compelling
- Effectively communicate and deliver concepts and artwork in response to programmatic work, presenting design work at various stages to project lead for review
- Deliver conceptual creative ideas and communications that can smoothly translate across all print and online collateral
- Coordinate with outside vendors, art services, printers, etc. to complete projects
- Other related work as assigned by the Communications Director.
- Minimum of two (2) years of related experience
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud software particularly InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Dreamweaver
- Must be comfortable creating unique icons and vector graphics
- Very strong typography skills and design sensibility
- Knowledge of print production and pre-press best practices
- Ability to take and process constructive artistic feedback
- Good judgment and attention to detail
- Strong oral communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively across multiple departments and teams
- Independent well organized, responsible, and self-motivated
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills, proven ability to efficiently manage multiple tasks and priorities under tight deadlines
- Superior attention to detail
- Excellent problem-solving skills, including ability to anticipate problems and use judgement appropriately to plan solutions;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, professionalism, initiative, and personal responsibility
- Proven ability to work both independently and as member of a team
- Integrity, grace under pressure, and sense of humor
- A belief in the mission of the Center for Constitutional Rights, demonstrated commitment to social justice issues, and comfort working in a progressive legal and advocacy environment.