- Full Time
The Tech Manager is responsible for managing technical and logistical traffic while supporting live news shows. Fully understands the video and technical workflow throughout all locations. Fosters relationships with editorial and production staffs to provide technical guidance and help create better video workflows. Work directly with shows’ EPs and Directors to ensure broadcast feed is meeting specific technical quality standards.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate technical & logistical traffic to support live news shows and taped productions
- Support editorial & production staff on use of studio and control room technology
- Support engineering team in the installation, configuration, and maintenance of the technical infrastructure and participate in the design, planning, and execution of any projects.
- Create and maintain a remote studios database
- Book remote studios, satellite trucks, and personal studios for remote productions, tapings, and live air shots
- Assign, establish, and coordinate all IFB and PL lines
- Working with show directors to set-up look of live shows
- Ensuring Newsmax technical quality standards are being met
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3+ years tech managing, or equivalent knowledge. 5 years in live TV production
- Proven track record of starting, participating, managing and finalizing large projects
- Technical know-how and strong communications skills
- Expert understanding of studio and production equipment
- Strong working knowledge of media asset management systems
- Understanding of non-linear editing, video effects and color correction
- Ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently and work on deadline
- An ability to work in a high pressure, 24/7 news environment
- Solutions-based, team player
- Travel requirement, 5%
- Professional appearance