The Random House Children’s Books Sales team is currently seeking an analytically minded and self-motivated Associate Manager or Manager, National Accounts responsible to for selling to and overseeing our account relationship with Barnes & Noble. In this highly visible role, Associate Manager or Manager will interact with other internal departments including editorial, design, and other sales colleagues while developing sales programs for titles across Random House Children’s Books’ imprints.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Selling frontlist titles to Barnes & Noble (retail and online) on a regular basis and presenting results in sales reports.
* Performing detailed sales analysis including tracking sales, forecasting demand, and defining opportunities.
* Working to manage and substantially grow the backlist through backlist analysis and developing backlist programs.
* Working closely with other internal departments to develop retail promotions.
* Tracking and managing orders and inventory.
* Actively participating in vendor managed inventory system and providing recommendations.
* Minimum of 3 years of publishing sales experience, including direct account management; minimum of 5 years to be considered at the Manager level
* Superb written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to successfully manage internal and external relationships
* Excellent analytical skills
* Highly organized with excellent attention to detail
* Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
* Excellent presentation skills
* Ability to be flexible in a changing market place
* Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
* Prior experience within children’s publishing is a plus
* Experience with SAP and/or Business Objects is a plus
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.