Director, Enterprise Data Strategy (Monetization)
- Full Time
The Enterprise Data Strategy Director role is focused on conducting market research related to Automotive Services data monetization and identifying new commercial opportunities for Cox Automotive. This includes developing market analysis with estimated opportunity sizing and developing strategies to pursue identified opportunities. The Director will work closely with business unit executives and conduct market research in areas deemed highest priority based upon a strong partnership with them. It also includes developing market-informed pricing for existing Cox Automotive data assets as well as new products not yet available in the market, but conceived from the Cox Automotive Data Solutions organization.
The role will focus on Cox Auto’s domestic businesses and will be responsible for understanding the business strategy of assigned business units so as to develop market-informed data strategies that complement the overall business unit or solution group strategy. Candidate should have ability to lead and influence others by acting as a strategic partner to business leaders. The position demands frequent interactions with all levels of the organization, both in the business unit itself and within corporate.
- Conduct market analyses for key information services sub-segments within the Automotive Services industry. Each market analysis includes fundamental information such as estimated size of the market, main competitors, key trends
around the sub-segments and recommended action to capitalize on the market.
- For opportunities identified from market analyses, develop business case and go-to-market strategies to capitalize on the opportunities and present strategies to appropriate executives to build the case for funding and specific actions to capitalize on the opportunities.
- Work closely with Corporate Strategy to integrate go-to-market strategies into overall business strategy and advise Business Unit leaders on how information service monetization fits
alongside other revenue streams for the business unit
- Develop recommended pricing for existing strategic data assets which do not yet have rate cards or for emerging
information service products that are currently being developed.
- Leverage tools across Cox Auto Data Solutions to identify additional information service product ideas
- Work closely with other Enterprise Data Strategy team members and Business Unit leaders to identify additional market analyses that should be conducted and maintain the overall backlog of prioritized market analyses
- Work closely with other Enterprise Data Strategy team members and Business Unit leaders to identify additional rate cards that should be conducted and maintain the overall backlog of prioritized rate cards
- Proactively seek to understand the major data players in the Automotive Services industry and keep tabs on the most significant information services products launched each year across the industry.
- Articulate our data strategy for “where to play”, “how to win” & “what to do “ (for Cox Automotive & Bus)
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES WITH REGARD TO LEADERSHIP & INFLUENCE
- Lead, partner and advise “clients” & teams
- Define projects, scope and success measures
- Be a thought leader/partner
- Utilize strategic thinking and analyses to guide recommendations
- Develop and sustain effective relationships
- Influence outcome with a Cox Automotive lens (and BU lens when applicable)
- BA or BS Degree required. MBA/Master’s Degree preferred.
- 10+ years of increasing and relevant experience in business strategy or strategy/management consulting
- Demonstrated advanced strategic and analytical skills and business acumen, evidenced by a proven track record in successfully developing and implementing impactful, practical
business/data strategies that have been implemented successfully
- Possesses advanced management skills to lead individuals directly and indirectly in a matrixed organization
- Proven track record of mastered execution and project management skills
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
- Proven leadership skills in a global matrix environment, evidenced by obtaining results through cross-functional, cross-business unit efforts across different geographies and cultures
- Previous experience leading teams of senior professionals in related fields
- Track record of success establishing buy-in for ideas across functions and business units
- Strong ability to influence
- Other duties as needed or required
- Requires physical ability and mental acuity to execute the duties of the position successfully within required timeframes in order to meet business requirements.
- Passion for storytelling, developing concepts for fresh ideas, and translating market insights into compelling pitches.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced growth-company environment (sense of urgency, adaptable, champion of change)
- Proficient in MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Travel as needed (<20%)
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.