Production Assistant- Part Time
- Full Time
WYFF 4 has an opening for a Part-time Production Assistant. We are looking for an energetic team player who understands the flexible schedule that the broadcast industry requires to join our production crew. This person will be responsible for operating cameras, teleprompter, and possibly audio-board and video equipment; as related to live broadcasts. Must have good technical skills, and good communication skills. Responsibilities include floor directing, camera/studio operator, assisting the news department, and other duties as assigned.
- Construction, maintenance, installation and operation of props, cameras, prompters, sets and other production equipment.
- Maintain professional appearance of studio/news sets.
- Lighting and script preparation for newscasts.
- Video cueing during newscasts.
- Assist the directors and producers as needed.
- Must have a good attitude, be willing to learn, and be a team player.
- Must be able to problem solve quickly and work well under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Attention to detail a must.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications preferred. Completion of college level technical & editing classes a plus.
- Equivalent military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) and associated experience will be considered.