University Relations Coordinator
- Full Time
The Conversation US is looking for an energetic and skilled communicator with at least two years of experience to support our university relations team in building strong connections with our member universities across the U.S.
The Conversation US (TCUS) is an independent, non-profit media organization established in 2014. We publish news analysis and commentary written by academics, edited by journalists, and aimed at the general public. Our mission is to produce and disseminate evidence-based information, and to strengthen journalism by unlocking the rich diversity of academic research for audiences across America.
A key member of our university relations team, located in our Boston office, the University Relations Coordinator performs a range of important duties:
These duties include:
- Composing and distributing e-mails including a daily email Expert Request asking for faculty experts to write specific topics
- Scheduling monthly editorial webinars
- Preparing and sending weekly metrics and quarterly reports to member universities
- Coordinating University Membership renewals
- Updating membership materials
- Assisting in the implementation and maintenance of the Salesforce CRM application
- Assisting in organizing and running events, including member conferences
- Managing surveys of readers, university teams, and other stakeholders
- Working closely with our Editor/GM and our Chief Innovation and Development Officer on assigned projects
To be considered for this position, the candidate will need to have two to three years of experience working in a support role. The successful candidate should be a team player with the following crucial skills/knowledge:
- Highly organized
- Good listener
- Excellent communicator
- Analytical thinker
- Proactive attitude to create and manage new ideas and projects
- Work across all departments within The Conversation to become the source and expert for analytics and data for the organization
- Take on and complete specific projects without significant supervision
The Conversation US welcomes, respects and values people across all aspects of human identity. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants must have authorization to legally work in the United States.