Assistant editor, WineSpectator.com
- Full Time
Wine Spectator seeks an assistant editor who has a passion for wine and a minimum of one to three years of journalism experience in a digital environment. The position involves developing news, features and educational content for WineSpectator.com and its associated e-mail newsletters and social media platforms.
About the Role
Candidates should have solid reporting and writing skills, a knack for explaining complex topics in an accessible way and the ability to handle daily deadlines.
If you love learning about different wine grapes and regions, you know the distinction between its and it’s, and you care deeply about accurate journalism, this may be the job for you. We don't expect you to be able to list the soil types in every vineyard site in Burgundy; we do expect you to know what Burgundy is. You'll be spending your days immersed in all things wine, from what to buy now and what food to pair with it to wine's role in everything from history and politics to pop music and sports.
Wine Spectator is the world’s leading authority on wine. Anchored by Wine Spectator magazine, a print publication that reaches around 3 million readers worldwide, the brand also encompasses WineSpectator.com, apps and a series of signature events. Wine Spectator examines the world of wine from the vineyard to the table, exploring wine’s role in contemporary culture and delivering expert reviews of more than 16,000 wines each year.
Required Background and Skills:
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably in journalism or English
- Prior experience writing for magazines, newspapers, websites or newsletters
- Ability to multitask and juggle multiple deadlines
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Work well in a team environment
- Knowledge of social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), including the ability to conceive engaging content and interact with followers
- CMS experience
- Familiarity with SEO best practices
The Ideal Candidate Will Also Have:
- Experience with e-mail newsletters
- Proofreading, fact-checking and/or copyediting skills
- Familiarity with Google Analytics or other analytics tools
- Some familiarity with HTML5
- Experience working in the wine or restaurant industries, prior experience writing about wine and food or completion of wine-education courses
This position is full-time and based in our Manhattan offices; no exceptions.
Please include cover letter, résumé and a selection of published clips.
Apply for Assistant editor, WineSpectator.com
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly