Rental Agent (Set Lighting and Grip)
Location: Universal City, California
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
NBCUniversal seeks a creative, self-motivated individual with 5+ years of experience in Film and Television Rental industry. The Lighting and Grip Rental Agent is a FT position maintaining the flow of Lighting and Grip paperwork while assisting in office responsibilities.
Provide outstanding customer service to existing and potential clients by being courteous, responsive, and resourcefulMaintains good, positive relationships with customers and vendorsReceives and quotes orders for lighting, grip, and rigging equipmentWork directly with productions, production crews, and studios either by telephone, email, or face to faceProcess day to day production requests for film and television productions support equipment and packagesCoordinate customers pick-ups and deliveriesMaintain customer show files in accurate, detailed manner in all areas, including main packages, add-on’s, exchanges, PO’s, sub-rentals, missing and damaged equipment, and returns (wrap)Communicate with warehouse staff on all equipment order processing, order changes, equipment exchanges, and inventory stock-checksProcess/Complete short lists to assist in the sub-rental or purchase decisions with the Director as requiredAccurately process purchase orders and negotiate sub-rental or equipment vendors to achieve discount pricingEnsure completed paper work is appropriately organized and sent to the billing departmentKeeps up-to-date with industry trends and new developments in Lighting and Grip EquipmentHandle problem situations and resolve them as they ariseAssists with annual inventory and quarterly cycle countsProvide assistance with special projects as required
• Must be computer literate with detailed working knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel, Outlook) required. Rental software Rental Tracker Pro knowledge a plus
• Broad understanding of motion picture and television lighting, grip, and electrical equipment.
• Must have a strong understanding of LED Technologies and its impact on the industry.
• Strong background in asset management with the ability to ensure maximum utilization of assets across all productions
• Exceptional customer service skills with a strong sense of urgency
• Able to organize, prioritize and execute numerous orders in tandem
• Must handle stressful situations professionally and confidentially as well as interact with co-workers and clients professionally.
• Must be an effective trouble shooter, communicator, and problem solver
• Accuracy with details essential
• Minimum 5 years of senior management expertise overseeing production support services within the Film and Television industry.
• Proven knowledge of motion picture and television production support services.
• Experience working with and supporting multiple stakeholders, vendors, and customers.
• Ability to interact with all levels of personnel, operational supervisors, and front line crew.
• Ability to navigate through very complex situations and personalities.
• Ability to coach employees, encourage teamwork and promote high standards of customer services.
• Strong communication and written skills.
• Strong computer skills: ability to understand multiple operating systems.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.