Senior Program Manager
- Full Time
Program Managers are responsible for successful on-time/on-budget coordination and management of large-scale programs. Program
Managers must have a thorough understanding of Program & Project Management concepts and techniques and will evaluate project feasibility, establish priority, and define, plan and execute the activities necessary to reach the business objectives. The candidate must have demonstrated experience in
successfully managing and delivering multi-project, enterprise efforts. The role relies upon experience in relationship management, financial management, risk management, master plan management, communications, and delivery execution. The successful candidate will have experience in choosing the right program delivery model and success in leading a multi-year, enterprise, cross business unit program.
PREPARE & MAINTAIN THE PROGRAM PLAN
• Participate in long-term and short-term program development and planning
• Establish and maintain a tight working partnership with business owners, executives and program teams to rationalize business objectives & business priorities.
• Establish a master plan framework for program tracking and control including processes for management of the program
• Translate program objectives into integrated plans, schedules and budgets
• Establish tracking and roll-up of project milestones and metrics for program level status reporting
• Establish and manage stakeholder expectations and revise plans and shift priorities, as needed and in conjunction with all participating parties, to ensure successful completion of the program
• Assists in defining the strategic objectives for programs.
• Support initiatives aligned to the Retail strategic plan
• Assists in identifying Executive Sponsors and/or Business Owners for the Program
• Maintain a working knowledge of Retail solutions, product suites, customers, and reporting capabilities, as well as baseline knowledge of Enterprise and other Cox Auto groups.
PROVIDE LEADERSHIP & DIRECTION FOR THE PROGRAM TEAM
• Lead and direct large programs and initiatives in support of Cox Auto Retail’s strategic objectives. Programs will often include teams from Technology, Sales, Marketing, Service, Product, Finance, HR and Training. Programs can also cross into other Cox Auto groups.
• Simultaneously manage work across multiple threads of
the the Program Management Framework, which includes business requirements & process definition and alignment, applications development, data conversions, systems coordination, communications, training, end user adoption (including training and change management), and benefits realization.
• Communicate the program objectives, priorities and direction to all stakeholders.
• Build and motivate the program teams.
• Ensure planned, regular, and effective communication of status, issues, risks, and actions among all persons and parties involved in the program.
• Assist with major decisions about resources, goals, and
standards and assuring that all parties involved understand and incorporate
within their delivery responsibilities.
• Build and maintain relationships with key executives and 3rd party vendors.
• Establishes and manages a program level change control process that allows for submission of changes and impact assessment of changes.
• Continuously monitor development process and proactively work to identify and resolve issues within the projects and across programs.
• Ensure appropriate project documentation is produced and achived on internal storage tool and intranet sites
The candidate must have exceptional problem solving and decision making skills and must demonstrate the ability to use a logical, systematic and creative approaches to problem solving.
All candidates must demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
The Program Manager must be able to maintain an active relationship with
employees and provide mentoring, motivating, guiding and counseling as
The Program Manager will have frequent leadership interactions with senior executives and must have a well-developed sense of strategy and timing as well as excellent verbal, written, negotiation and presentation skills.
• Minimum 7+ years of program management experience in delivering large-scale projects OR a combination of program/project management and relevant business experience.
• Demonstrated experience leading and directing large teams consisting of resources from across the enterprise, including Product Management, Sales, Marketing, Customer Service, Technology and HR.
• Demonstrated experience managing and directing employees, contractors and/or consultants in a matrix team setting.
• Demonstrated experience of managing programs over $1M.
• Strong relationship building skills with senior executives across various departments
• Proven ability to build successful teams including recruiting and hiring.
• Strong negotiation skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong presentation, organizational & interpersonal skills.
• Strong customer service skills; frequent interactions with senior level stakeholders.
• Experience in writing, reviewing and managing business specifications, technical specifications, project plans, training plans, communication plans, and other related project documentation.
• Ability to understand, interpret, manage and communicate technical and business team’s needs, concerns, risk, issues and collisions across all departments.
• Experience in organizing, prioritizing, and coordinating complex team efforts.
• Demonstrated experience in motivating program team members to complete tasks efficiently.
• Experience applications such as MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project, Visio) required.
• PMP or PgMP certification a plus, but not required.
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university, (MBA or another advanced degree preferred).
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.