Editorial Assistant – WaterBrook and Multnomah
WaterBrook and Multnomah books seeks an Editorial Assistant to join its team. Reporting to the VP, Editor-in-Chief of WaterBrook and Multnomah books, the Editorial Assistant will assist with daily operations across the imprints. The role is ideal for someone who has an eye for detail, is extremely organized, and excels in communicating and working in a fast-paced environment.
* Providing administrative support, including scheduling, trafficking manuscripts, copying, etc.
* Communicating with authors and agents and in-house colleagues
* Researching trends and competition, including comps
* Writing flap copy and title information sheets
* Running reports
* Drafting contract information sheets
* Coordinating the editorial and production process in house
* Collaborating with all in-house departments (publicity, marketing, sales, production, design, etc.)
* Evaluating proposals and manuscripts
* Attending meetings and taking minutes
* Preparing manuscripts for transmission to production
* Additional tasks as required
* Prior office experience
* Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
* Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
* Ability to work independently and multitask
Salary for this position is $33,000. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Please apply using our online application process, including cover letter and resume.Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.