Video Editor, PageSix.com
- Full Time
The New York Post video team is seeking a video editor to help pitch and create compelling, shareable videos about gossip, celebrities, and fashion - subjects that are the mainstay of Page Six, the nation’s most iconic gossip column.
You must edit fast and with flourish. Expertise with key products in Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, Photoshop, After Effects.) And you must be able to work autonomously in such a fast-paced environment.
You should love celebrity journalism and possess deep knowledge about the latest celebrity gossip, feuds, scandals and hookups. You should live and breathe celebrity lifestyle, fashion and social media savvy, with your fingers on the pulse.
You are savvy about social video on all platforms and have a knowledge of what videos perform well on Instagram, Youtube, Facebook and Twitter.
Like us, you believe news doesn’t have to be boring and you appreciates the odd and unconventional stories as well as important ones.
Along with editing digitally-native short form video, you will help generate our content, pitching video ideas daily and contributing to the team brainstorming. Ability to write a script a plus.
Can-do attitude is key: someone who believes news doesn’t have to be boring and who appreciates the odd and unconventional stories as well as important ones.
We seek a candidate who is excited about new types of multimedia storytelling and has a track record of creating digital video. Must be aware of latest formats and trends in digital video as a distinct form of content versus television.
This is an opportunity to work with an iconic media brand as it experiences exponential digital growth. New York Post and Page Six videos have received more than a billion views in the past few years.
- 3-5 years experience editing short form celebrity videos for digital outlets
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Premiere
- Ability to color correct and mix audio.
- Experience working both with and without a producer
- Experience with multicam editing
- Motion graphics experience a plus as is simple animation
- Ability to select and use music to match the tone and style of the story
- Must be organized, work well in a fast-paced environment and be a team-player experience working in a fast-paced newsroom environment on weekly deadlines
- Open to working evenings and weekends, on rare cases if required
- Resume, link to editing reel and cover letter. Include your point of view about what makes a video shareable.
- Email materials to email@example.com
The New York Post is the nation’s oldest newspaper with the youngest, most ambitious video department. We want to make our mark in digital video and create memorable work and new watching habits among our audience. The legacy of the great headlines conveys the attributes of our videos: bold, irreverent, judgmental, confident and clever. We want to make videos that surprise viewers. We seek someone who believes news doesn’t have to be boring to be news and who appreciates serious and quirky stories. Let’s talk! We are an equal opportunity employer.
As an equal opportunity employer, the New York Post does not discriminate in hiring or the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual’s race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, citizenship or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. The New York Post will consider the provision of reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental disabilities of otherwise qualified applicants to enable them to participate in our application process and to effectively perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would impose an undue financial or operational hardship.