Dotdash is seeking a part-time Assistant Food Editor to join The Spruce Eats team. We are looking for a digitally savvy content editor with a passion for all things food, who is excited to grow one of the biggest food sites on the web and make it even better. The Assistant Food Editor will join a fun, spirited team, and assist the team to publish inspiring, beautiful, and reliable digital recipes, articles, images, and videos.
About Your Responsibilities:
- Publish recipes and articles on TheSpruceEats.com, daily.
- Edit new content from freelance writers and recipe developers, and occasionally from editorial staff, and social media and email editors.
- Research answers to community questions.
- Pitch new content ideas to support brand goals and drive user engagement.
- Work with editors to support photo and video shoots for the website and social platforms.
- Write and produce new content in-house as needed.
- Curate and promote our best content via email newsletters, across site landing pages, and through content partnerships.
- Work with team on ad-hoc projects with the goal of improving content quality.
- Identify trends and opportunities in the food space. Support Editorial Director in differentiating our verticals from others in the marketplace.
- Represent The Spruce Eats and serve as a brand ambassador at events, press previews, and more.
About Your Qualifications:
- Proactive, flexible team player with a sense of humor and entrepreneurial energy, able to roll with the punches and take ownership in a fluid and fast-moving environment.
- Passionate about all things food—cooking, baking, eating—and sharing your knowledge with the world. Able to identify topics of interest to a wide audience but also up to date with industry trends.
- Understanding of SEO.
- 1 to 3 years experience editing digital content for web, email, and social channels. Knowledgeable with content management systems and web analytics tools.
- Detail-oriented and deadline-focused with solid proofing skills.
- Flawless use of English. Strong editor, clear writer, capable of writing engaging, lively headlines, and blurbs.
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in writing, journalism or communications.
- Prior experience editing food content and recipes and hands-on culinary experience strongly preferred. 1 to 2 years in culinary school or other professional or educational experience cooking and baking.
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Byrdie, MyDomaine, Brides, Liquor.com, and ThoughtCo.
Please be aware of fraudulent recruiters offering opportunities at Dotdash. Note that any correspondence with a member of the Dotdash recruiting team will come from a @dotdash.com or a firstname.lastname@example.org account belonging to a Dotdash Recruiter. If you are in conversations for a job opportunity and wish to confirm its validity, please reach out directly to email@example.com.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.