Senior Production Editor
- Full Time
The Optical Society (OSA) is recruiting a Senior Production Editor to join the team that edits, tags, and publishes articles for OSA’s world-renowned line of journals. The job requires both traditional skills, such as light copyediting, and technical ability to support publishing to multiple online formats. Successful candidates are able to concentrate for long stretches and work effectively with content that can contain dense mathematics and other highly structured information. We are looking for someone with the right background who can learn fast, work hard as part of an energetic team, and continue down a career path with OSA Publishing.
Primary Production Responsibilities
- Apply the appropriate level of copyediting, proofreading, and other quality control at each production stage.
- Ensure that materials, including metadata and multimedia files, are complete and correct before transmission to vendors.
- Perform XML tagging and normalization routines.
- Monitor the author-alteration process; work directly with authors when appropriate.
- Check all final proofs and (a) perform needed changes, (b) authorize publication.
- Perform online article publication; includes final quality control and treatment of XML, PDF, and, where appropriate, HTML and multimedia.
- Compile issue and coordinate issue publication; for print journals, coordinate print process, including electronic bluelines.
- Monitor overall workflow, product quality, and process efficiency of assigned journals.
- Monitor vendor queues and turnaround times; monitor vendor quality for copyediting, XML preparation, and composition.
- Participate in establishing and applying evolving initiatives in the production process.
- Provide coverage for other OSA journals as needed.
OSA offers a competitive salary and benefits. Please send your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com.