Online Content Manager
- Full Time
Do you want to work in a fast-paced newsroom on the biggest stories in the Capital Region? Do you have a passion for local journalism and working with words and images? We’re looking for an Online Content Manager to join our digital team and oversee the transformation of print stories to digital formats. The Online Content Manager also will supervise a team of online Content Producers adding digital techniques to our award-winning journalism.
Topics will come from across the spectrum of news and features. The ideal candidate will help build a team that hustles and works quickly, while seeking to engage readers online through the savvy use of traditional reporting, data, video and social media. We need a self-starter with high standards who can collaborate well, has excellent communication skills, and is comfortable providing and taking feedback. The successful candidate will help shape the next stage of TimesUnion.com content and our brand’s voice.
- Edit daily news articles for Timesunion.com.
- Work with digital leaders on how to grow audience and build foundational strategies.
- Showcase dynamic news judgment every day and starting conversations about topics critical to Capital Region readers.
- Contribute to high-impact digital storytelling projects produced with the digital team.
- Enhance stories by incorporating video, embeds and other media.
We’re looking for someone with:
- At least 5 years’ newsroom experience
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Expert digital media literacy
- Understanding of media ethics
- Grasp of digital metrics
This is a full-time, union-covered position. The workweek is 37.5 hours and could include nights, weekends and holidays.
The Times Union is the Capital Region's largest media company. We offer competitive hourly wages and full benefits including medical and dental insurance, 401K, paid vacation, sick leave, family leave, long-term disability, adoption assistance, tuition assistance and free parking.