- Full Time
Do you want to work in a fast-paced newsroom on the biggest stories in the Capital Region? Do you have a passion for news, audio, video and local journalism?
We’re looking for an ambitious, versatile journalist with mobile know-how and audio and video skills to join the Timesunion.com digital team. The multimedia producer will record, refine, produce and possibly host podcasts, shoot and edit video, help with social posts and strategies. Digital storytelling skills and technical acumen are of the utmost importance in this role. We need a self-starter with high standards who can collaborate well, has excellent communication skills, and is comfortable providing and taking feedback.
- Script, record, edit, fully produce and sometimes host audio shows.
- Shoot, edit, fully produce and sometimes speak on camera for video stories.
- Post multimedia content on social media channels.Write and edit on all types of content.
- Work with the digital and visuals team on larger projects.
Who we’re looking for:
- Someone with three or more years of newsroom experience
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree, journalism focus preferred
- Expert audio and video production and editing skills
- Experience on professional social media accounts
- Understanding of media ethics
- Grasp of digital metrics
This is a full-time, union-covered position. The workweek is 37.5 hours and could include nights, weekends and holidays.
The Times Union is the Capital Region's largest media company. We offer competitive hourly wages and full benefits including medical and dental insurance, 401K, paid vacation, sick leave, family leave, long-term disability, adoption assistance, tuition assistance and free parking.