Data and Business Intelligence Analyst
- Full Time
Upstate New York’s strongest newsroom is looking for a Data/Business Intelligence Analyst to help us better understand how to serve our digital consumers. The ideal candidate will be able to work quickly and collaboratively to analyze data, then have skills to interpret the findings for journalists. We need a self-starter with high standards who can collaborate well, has excellent communication skills, and is comfortable providing and taking feedback.
- Assist in developing and implementing distribution and marketing strategies to attract consumers to Times Union digital content.
- Analyze digital statistics and identify content opportunities to improve the likelihood of readers buying a digital subscription to the Times Union.
- Enhance journalism by contributing data analysis to high-impact digital storytelling projects produced with newsroom teams.
- Assist in producing content for deadline delivery on digital platforms.
Who we’re looking for:
- Someone skilled with key analytics programs, including Google Analytics and SQL are important, as is a strict dedication to accuracy and ethics.
- The candidate must be able to self-manage, handle tight deadlines and communicate well via tools such as Slack.
- Candidates with prior journalism experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
This is a full-time, union-covered position. The workweek is 37.5 hours and could include nights, weekends and holidays.
The Times Union is the Capital Region's largest media company. We offer competitive hourly wages and full benefits including medical and dental insurance, 401K, paid vacation, sick leave, family leave, long-term disability, adoption assistance, tuition assistance and free parking.