Sr. Automotive Valuation R&D Analyst
- Full Time
- 20% - Support assigned research and development efforts which will deliver on the vision and roadmap for Kelley Blue Book values.
- 20% - Propose and rationalize enhancements, changes in methodology, and new solution introductions as needed.
- 20% - Develop deep expertise and understanding of the customer base and market served by Kelley Blue Book and Cox Auto values and pursue potential new offerings through quantitative and iterative research and design methodologies.
- 15% - Collaborate with and engage other departments including Operations, Technology Group, Marketing, Research, Product, UX and other relevant stakeholders as needed to achieve objectives.
- 15% - Assess market competition by comparing the company’s product to competitor’s products and determine clients’ and consumers' needs and desires by driving the research needed to obtain market information
- 10% - All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in statistics/data science, computer science, mathematics, or other related field plus 2 to 4 years of experience in a quantitative research, development, or technology role - preferably at an organization focused on automotive valuation and/or research or related fields.
- Must possess extensive market knowledge and the drive to stay current with advancements in automotive valuation and research.
- Should possess strategic insight and the ability to facilitate the development of innovative new solutions and methodologies.
- Must be able to weave technical skills and business expertise together to propose creative solutions.
- Ability to think creatively and propose novel solutions
- Experience in Product Development
- Ability to work cross-functionally
What We Also Look For (preferred skills):
- Must be proficient with excel and SQL-query writing.
- Familiarity with AWS, Redshift, Sage Maker, and PostgreSQL are preferred
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.