Project Manager, PMO, Peacock
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Introducing Peacock, NBCUniversal’s new streaming service that combines timeless shows and movies, exclusive originals, kids programming and current hits, with timely news, sports and pop culture. All together. All in one app.
In preparation for our launch in 2020, we are building a world-class team of smart, hungry and fearless professionals who are energized by the possibility of working at the epicenter of content, technology and culture. Join us if you would like to be a part of this exciting initiative.Technical Project Manager, PMO, Peacock The Technical Project Manager, Peacock, will be responsible for the successful delivery of enterprise level marketing and technology projects related to the upcoming launch of NBCU’s Direct to Consumer Product, Peacock. This position reports to the Sr. Director, Project Management, and requires strong technical project management skills, communication and prioritization. Also important is the ability to establish and maintain key relationships within marketing, product and technology groups, as well as interact with diverse stakeholders and partners…and above all else have fun. Partner with business and product owners to develop project plans in both Agile and Waterfall scenarios.Support planning activities to deliver maximum business value based on critical program KPIs for Marketing, Product and Tech teamsEffectively prioritize critical path activities to ensure on-time deliveryPartner with other workstreams and PMs to ensure consistent and accurate program level awareness, partnership, cost-benefit analysis, and level of effort sizingIdentify and secure resources required to execute the plan and manage internal and external assigned resourcesCreate and manage required project documentation and required reportsCoordinate and manage change control in adherence to PMO standardsFacilitate project meetings including agendas, preparation of materials, meeting minutes, and action item follow-upUtilize enterprise project management tools and applications to provide project status and reporting, while adhering to PMO processes, documentation standards, and best practicesRepresent the PMO and advocate for project management standards and best practicesPartner with stakeholders across various business units to ensure accurate and timely capture of requirements for technology/development team and communicate feedback from those requirementsBe a key partner to marketing teams, and ensure their technical needs are met
• 5+ years' experience leading complex media, technology or product launches identifying scope, building an effective plan, and executing to completion
• Strong knowledge of PM processes including Agile, Kanban, Waterfall.
• Excellent organization and communication/facilitation skills, attention to detail, and the ability to clearly and concisely articulate complex concepts for a variety of audiences
• Strong leadership skills with the proven ability to coordinate and influence team members from multiple internal departments and external vendors
• Proven ability to manage teams with diverse backgrounds, business objectives, and time zones constraints
• Ability to effectively present ideas and communicate with senior leadership
• Strong character exhibiting company core values: Integrity, Creativity, Teamwork, Pioneering Spirit, and Ownership
• Ability and desire to continually learn about new technologies, project management methodologies, and adapt to ever-changing business and industry needs
• Experience working embedded in or closely with marketing teams
• Ability to flag risks to appropriate stakeholders
• Ability to work comfortably tracking work and progress in JIRA
• Adaptable performer who can lead effectively under pressure and through significant change
• Ability to synthesize and simplify complex concepts/requirements to the team and stakeholders and tie back to business objectives.
• Culture carrier with strong leadership skills to drive, deliver, develop and inspire
• Results-oriented with initiative to work until job is complete
• Experience within media entertainment industry
• Subject matter expertise in marketing technology projects highly desirable
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.