CNBC is seeking an enthusiastic Associate Producer to join our growing digital video team. The Associate Producer will be a talented shooter and creative editor, has a passion for visual storytelling and business news, and thrives in a fast-paced news environment. The role includes pitching, creating and owning smart original projects, and working with other reporters and producers on their stories as well.
The ideal candidate has at least 1 year of experience editing videos for a digital news organization. He or she is a master of Adobe Premiere and Photoshop. Knowledge of After Effects is a plus.
Editorial judgment, writing and editing experience are paramount. The AP will be collaborating with reporters, producers and senior producers to craft sharp scripts and video content on tight deadlines. Candidates with a passion to explore and understand the world around them with a keen eye on stories that fit the CNBC brand will be successful in this role.Here are some examples of videos our associate producers have worked on:
Why Chicken Nugget Demand Is Flathttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSk26JztY_I
Why Big Dairy Companies Struggle In Indiahttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mBiFEspcIM
Why Tim Hortons Struggles In The United Stateshttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6uSqnxnjr4
• At least 1 year of experience with all aspects of digital video production including shooting, editing, lighting, and scripting
• Mastery of DSLR cameras (Canon, Sony, Panasonic), Adobe Premiere, and other industry standard equipment and tools
• Script and/or voice-over writing experience
• Knowledge of multimedia storytelling and working knowledge of online publishing systems
• Highly collaborative and creative attitude
• Demonstrable organizational and time management skills and working well under deadline pressure
• Must be able to lift, carry and transport production equipment on a regular basis
• A sample of the candidate's work will be required *please provide links when applying*
• Strong interest in innovative video storytelling and strategic thinking around social media
• Ability and willingness to work non-traditional hours and travel
• Must be willing to work in Englewood Cliffs, NJ—perks include free shuttle, free gym, dry cleaning/shoe shine services, full-service cafeteria and more!
• Skills in After Effects and Photoshop a plus
• Expertise in shooting with drones
• Interest in social media platforms is preferred
• Broad knowledge of current events, business, financial and technology news
CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to over 400 million homes worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries. CNBC also delivers content across a variety of digital platforms such as: CNBC.com; CNBC PRO, a premium service that provides in-depth access to Wall Street; a suite of CNBC mobile apps for iOS and Android devices; Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple Siri voice interfaces; and streaming services including Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV and Samsung Smart TVs. CNBC is a division of NBCUniversal, which is owned by Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.