BloombergNEF is the world's leading independent provider of analysis, tools, data and research to decision makers leading the future of energy, transport, technology, and commodities. We provide independent analysis and insight, working with the largest corporations across utilities and generation, oil & gas, resource firms, equipment manufacturers, banking and finance, and governments. We are a group of individuals with shared understanding and passion for the issues, but with complementary variety in skills, abilities and knowledge. We demonstrate an uncompromising commitment to continuous improvement, excellence and the pursuit of creativity, innovation and accelerated learning.
BNEF Team Ethos:
To succeed at BNEF we need people who can work in an independent manner and show initiative to develop their own viewpoints, yet be collaborative with colleagues. We don't rely on the status quo, we look for innovative yet pragmatic thinking that turns big ideas into real insights and impact. Working at BNEF sometimes feels chaotic; we need teams that are both dynamic and structured to generate the unique perspectives our clients really value. Our teams are diverse, creative, focused, and fun!
That's where you come in. We are seeking a talented analyst to join our team in New York.
We'll trust you to:
- Conduct research on U.S. solar, with a focus on topics such as; U.S. residential and commercial solar markets, company strategy in different segments of the solar supply chain, regional solar market dynamics, trends in operation and maintenance for solar projects, and the effect of trade wars on solar companies.
- Partner with analysts based in the US and abroad on quantitative analysis and market sizing.
- Monitor changes and trends in pricing, policy, and the regulatory environment.
- Use data efficiently and effectively, whether to forecast or build estimates when necessary.
- Speak with industry figures and BloombergNEF clients to gather information and opinions.
- Present and discuss BloombergNEF research with authority to various audiences, during client visits or at conferences.
- Build knowledge and subject-matter expertise through independent research and peer learning.
You'll need to have:
- A Bachelor's degree in natural sciences, engineering, economics, policy, or finance.
- Demonstrated interest in and enthusiasm for the renewable energy industry.
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving, summarizing and quantitative reasoning skills.
- Good communication skills: writing (for research reports, in English) and speaking (for presentations at conferences, to clients, or to the media).
- Ability to learn quickly and be a resourceful self-starter.
- Keen attention to detail while moving quickly, and ability to work on multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
- Curiosity to fuel pursuit of information from public sources, and the confidence to conduct in person and telephone interviews.
- Proficiency manipulating and analyzing data in Excel.
We'd love to see:
- Understanding of renewable energy technology or policy.
- Enthusiasm for clean energy or climate action.
If this sounds like you, apply today! We're eager to speak with you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.