Associate Director, Design
- Full Time
HarperCollins Children’s Books is currently seeking an Associate Director, Design to manage the design and creation of digital and print marketing materials. The Associate Director, Design will supervise, organize, design and manage projects to ensure the integrity of our brands are present in all facets across various platforms. The ideal candidate will be creative, highly collaborative and motivated by a fast-paced environment. In addition, the Associate Director, Design will possess strong managerial skills and will coach, and develop their team of four employees.
- Design and manage projects across digital and print platforms
- Maintain branding for children’s and YA books and series throughout consumer advertising, social media and promotional materials
- Generate animated and static online ads, e-blasts and signage
- Create posters, brochures, activities and reading guides
- Make graphics for social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, etc).
- Work collaboratively with Marketing teams and Epic Reads to conceptualize projects and execute designs effectively and efficiently
- Manage the design of sales and marketing materials for conventions and cons throughout the year
- Remain current on art, design and publishing trends
- 4-year college degree or equivalent work experience
- 8-10 years design experience
- Prior experience of leading a team preferred
- Excellent Mac skills and design skills using InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator a must
- Experience with AfterEffects, Web Design, and Google Web Designer preferred
- Experience in HTML5 and Print Layout required
- Experience using Basecamp, a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Experience with branding and packaging design required
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Must be creative, adaptable, and have a strong work-ethic
- Ability to prioritize and perform in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting
HarperCollins Publishers is a company full of people who are passionate about books. When you apply for a position, we want to know why you want to work here, and why you are interested in the job. That’s why cover letters are strongly preferred.
HarperCollins Publishers is an equal opportunity employer.