Data Analyst III
- Full Time
The Data Analyst III creates and delivers business intelligence dashboards and
reports to support Sales & Marketing operations and analytics. This role is an experienced business intelligence developer who is an expert in reporting, analysis, and KPI metrics with advanced understanding of data warehouse concepts, reusable schema and SQL development.
Partners with cross-functional teams and stakeholders in a consultative role on ideas and solutions that impact operational results.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Translate business logic into dashboards, charts, reports and
presentations in support of Sales & Marketing department using EBI
reporting tool (e.g. MicroStrategy, OBIEE, Cognos, Tableau)
- Create dashboards with effective visualization and logical layout
to tell data stories aligning to business goals
- Read and write advanced SQL queries with multiple joins to
automate/manipulate data extracts
- Perform end to end data validation to maintain accuracy of data
- Generate operational and analytical reporting for residential Sales
& Marketing channels
- Identify, research, and resolve discrepancies in data
- Understand the existing source system data models and be able to consolidate
on reports and dashboards
- Work in partnership with the other teams and stakeholders
concerning the accuracy of data and efficiency of processes
- Present Sales & Marketing reporting and insights to leadership
and other business partners
- 5 years of experience in developing dashboards,
analytical and operational reports on an EBI platforms (preferably
- Advanced knowledge of SQL, database
technologies, and data warehouse design philosophies
- Advanced knowledge of relational and dimensional
- Deep understanding of metrics, reporting
tools and processes.
- Demonstrated ability to use effective
visuals to tell insightful data story with logical layout.
- Proven ability to work efficiently,
effectively, and proactively in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented, dynamic and virtual environment
- Demonstrated experience working directly
with leadership and supporting multiple stakeholders. Strong analytic and diagnostic skills, and a data-driven and metrics-driven approach.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills
- Proven ability to work in a cross-organizational team environment collaborating with the business leads on key deliverables pertaining to business readiness and specifically in support
of sales and marketing.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Management
Information Systems, Informatics, Computer Science, or similar analytical field
- Advanced knowledge of MicroStrategy EBI platform
(Development, Architecture, Administration, Automation, Mobile)
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. Cox Communications is the largest division of Cox Enterprises, a family-owned business founded in 1898 by Governor James M. Cox.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.