Marketing & Multimedia Assistant (Part-time)
- Part Time
Baruch College at the City University of New York, is seeking a part-time marketing & multimedia assistant (20hrs/week) to work in the Office of Communications, Marketing, and Public Affairs. This position will join a highly skilled in-house team of marketing, communications, editorial, and design professionals that execute marketing and creative services in support of the College’s communications needs. This role reports to the executive director of marketing and communications, and works closely with the team’s marketing managers.
The Office of Communications, Marketing & Public Affairs at Baruch College is responsible for the institution’s branding and overall communications, and provides marketing support to its three schools (The Zicklin School of Business, the Marxe School of Public and International Affairs, and the Weissman School of Arts & Sciences), as well as units across the organization including the president’s office, undergraduate enrollment, development, alumni, career center, and more.
- Assists in managing a portfolio of marketing projects. Working with the marketing managers, designers, editorial, and other members of the creative team, s/he helps to produce marketing materials such as brochures, flyers, e-blasts, and advertising materials, as well as assists on photo and video shoots as needed. S/he assists in developing project timelines and liaises with internal clients.
- Supports the marketing managers with maintaining the College’s central digital asset management system, including uploading, tagging, and cataloguing photo and video assets (training will be provided).
- Provides creative and editorial support for various marketing, social media, PR, and community relations initiatives, including assisting in editing marketing copy.
- Provides administrative support with updating and maintaining the department’s master project lists, as well as with archiving marketing materials.
- Conducts research on marketing and media trend information for special projects.
- Participates in regular production team meetings.
- Assists with developing digital and video content.
- Strong communication and organizational skills, as well as high attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task, successfully create project timelines, and meet time-sensitive deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with ability to collaborate productively within a team environment.
- Competency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Basic skills with graphic design software and production, and an eye for good design/creative, is an asset but not required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related field is required.
- One to two years of experience is preferred.
- Experience working in a marketing office environment is an asset.
Interested candidate should email resume and cover letter to email@example.com and use the subject header “Marketing and Multimedia Assistant.” No phone calls please. We will contact applicants as appropriate.