Spy.com: SEO Manager
- Full Time
Spy.com: SEO Manager
Penske Media Corp. (PMC), with leading content brands including Rolling Stone, Variety, Deadline, and more, is looking for a multi-talented SEO Manager to work with content creators and provide SEO guidance to the editorial staff of Spy.com, PMC’s men’s e-commerce website.
This position will report to the Editorial Director of Spy.com and will work with the PMC SEO team to optimize commerce-driven editorial copy, ensuring that we are adhering to best practices.
- Work closely with editorial staff to maximize the search traffic potential for each piece of content.
- Educate and provide regular feedback to writers on headlines, keyword usage, meta tags, URL structure, keyword analysis and related aspects of SEO
- Provide recommendations to the Spy.com editorial team related to keyword and content trends as well as the performance of specific pieces of content
- Work in real time to optimize top traffic driving stories in a highly competitive industry
- Proactively analyze current search trends and provide guidance to the editorial team as appropriate.
- Find new opportunities to maximize search rankings for groups of strategic keywords around holidays and major tentpoles
- Collaborate with different teams to propose improvements to the existing content offerings to further maximize search traffic potential
- Provide SEO feedback during development of new site features.
- Document SEO guidelines and provide internal training to organizations to keep the latest SEO techniques top of mind.
- Stay abreast of notable search industry updates, especially changes to the Google algorithm
- Minimum 3-5 years of SEO related work experience.
- Experience with SEO analysis pertaining to keywords, trends and performance
- Analytically focused with the ability to recommend and implement optimization from review of performance data.
- Demonstrated success with increasing organic referral growth
- Self-motivated individual who is driven towards continual improvement of projects
- Must be entrepreneurial and require minimal oversight
- Recommended Tools: Google Analytics, Google Webmaster tools, WordPress, SEMRush, DeepCrawler, SEOmoz
Spy.com is a daily destination for savvy shoppers, connoisseurs and the curious-minded alike, providing a glimpse into what’s new and what’s next. As industry insiders, we spot the most unique, quality and discerning products and experiences from around the world. Then we show you how to access them. Spy is your daily briefing into everyday luxuries and secret gems.
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 180 million and empowers more than 1 million global CEOs and business thought-leaders in markets that impact the world. Our dynamic events, data services, and rich content entertain and educate today’s fashion, retail, beauty, entertainment and lifestyle sectors. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global influencers are informed, connected, and inspired. To learn more about PMC and its iconic brands, visit www.pmc.com.