- Full Time
At your last interview, you probably fielded the typical questions like “What’s the greatest challenge you’ve overcome?” For this marketing gig, we’ll probably throw you a few curve balls to get a sense of your personality and see how you think on your feet. Well, not literally “on your feet” since we don’t plan on doing the interviews scrum/stand-up style. Just don’t be surprised if we ask something like “What’s the most ridiculous fact you know?” or “Best-worst campaign slogan for CBD dog treats?”
If you’re a creative, data-driven marketer who handles curve balls like a pro, keep reading. We need a marketing maven to help us create and execute breakthrough campaigns across a wide range of areas – from employment branding work to marketing support for new spaces where we’re investing like cleantech, healthcare and e-sports. What you’ll doWhile this position requires keeping a lot of metaphoric plates in the air, we’re looking for someone who can stay calm, cool and collected with the support of a tight-knit team. Specifically, you’ll…
- Establish positioning, identify target audiences and craft smart, inspiring marketing programs that ensure we achieve our ambitious marketing objectives across different channels and segments.
- Partner proactively with creative teams – as well as other stakeholders across the organization - to bring amazing creative executions of all stripes to life.
- Develop creative briefs and guide creative direction to meet objectives for all advertising and public-facing communications, including print, digital and video assets.
- Propose and manage research projects to generate consumer insights that drive even smarter marketing strategies and communications – from rapid-firing testing of creative concepts to marketing segmentation work to user testing allowing us to build more customer-centric digital experiences.
- Spearhead our team’s approach to measuring and optimizing marketing effectiveness through tracking, reporting and analysis.
- Present ideas and final deliverables to internal and external teams, and communicate with senior leaders about marketing programs, strategies, and budgets. Sure, public speaking is a phobia for some, but you never met a stage you didn’t like. Or you’re at least willing to be an enthusiastic understudy.
- Take a few risks (within reason!), fail fast and learn from your mistakes.
What’s in it for you?You’ll be rewarded with highly competitive pay, plus other compensation perks you’ve come to expect (e.g., 401k + matching, comprehensive medical benefits, etc.) and others you may not (e.g., extremely generous paid time off, tuition reimbursement for academic pursuits, pet insurance and more…)Work/Life Balance. For us to be us, you need to do you. Job flexibility is central to our culture because team members have different working styles and important stuff going on outside the office, too. Smart and creative colleagues, plus ongoing learning opportunities. You’ll have the tools and team you need to do your job well without a lot of red tape. Plus, we know how important it is for you to stay brushed up on your marketing knowledge and skills, so we invest in your ongoing training along the way to make sure you have what need to help you along your career path.Boundless career opportunities for lateral and upward movement across a high-performing enterprise spanning diverse industries. You’ll have the chance to learn and train so you can sharpen your skills and explore opportunities across the Cox family of businesses. In the future, you may have the opportunity to hone your marketing skills in other sectors where we operate like smart home automation, new forms of transportation mobility or esports.
Qualifications: Who you are
There are plenty of people in the world who accept the way things are. You’re not one of them and neither are we. You’re someone who understands great things never came out of comfort zones. You also understand the world is changing fast, and you’re the type of person who has the grit, gray matter and gumption to drive your success…and ours. You have a metrics-driven marketing mind with an eye for creative greatness. You’re up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in marketing and measurement. You’ll build our marketing programs with care, and then hold on loosely because you know things do (and should) change fast.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or related field.
- Proven experience identifying target audiences, crafting integrated marketing plans and stewarding campaign development – start to finish.
- Experience analyzing data, making sense of metrics and generating campaign reports.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. We need a strong writer in this position with a love for great copy and witty communication!
- Demonstrable experience working with internal or external creative teams.
- 5+ years of experience in a digital marketing or advertising position.
- Digital agency experience.
- Advanced knowledge of digital marketing, including SEO/SEM, CRM, marketing automation, social media and innovative digital campaigns.
- Experience running medium-to-large scale projects in a matrixed environment.
- Employment branding / recruitment advertising experience.
- Experience in any of the following industries: automotive, telecom, cleantech, healthcare and/or esports.
Join the Cox family of businesses and make your mark today!
About Cox Enterprises
Cox Enterprises is a leading communications, media and automotive services company. The company's major operating subsidiaries include Cox Communications (cable television distribution, high-speed Internet access, telephone, home security and automation, commercial telecommunications and advertising solutions); Cox Automotive (automotive-related auctions, financial services, media and software solutions); and Cox Media Group (television and radio stations, digital media, newspapers and advertising sales rep firms).
The company's major national brands include Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book and Manheim. Through Cox Automotive, the company's international operations stretch across Asia, Australia, Europe and Latin America. To learn more about Cox's commitment to people, sustainability and our communities, please visit www.CoxCSRReport.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.