Senior Manager Client Service
- Full Time
The Dealer Services Manager leads a team of Dealer Services Coordinators (both inside and outside) who work with Manheim customers and location operational groups to ensure that the sales runs smoothly both operationally and administratively. The position works closely with General Sales Manager and Field Sales Team to ensure that customer expectations are met or exceeded. The position promotes and educates customers on the various products and services provided by Manheim.
- Assigns inside and outside support responsibilities to team of Dealer Services Coordinators as appropriate for the location and ensures duties are effectively executed by team.
- Ensures that team represents the Dealer Sales Lane at the location on sale days —promotes services such as Manheim Certified, accept and solicits reserve numbers from Dealers, assigns run numbers, reps vehicles on the block, works “IF” counter, upsells products and services, etc.
- Partners with department managers, market sales team, and other coordinators to ensure each vehicle crosses the auction block on sale day and or is posted on OVE; also responsible for ensuring vehicles are re-ran if needed.
- Works directly with customer onsite, via email & phone to ensure expectations are met and service issues are resolved.
- Sets an example of professionalism and sincere appreciation for the business relationships that have been established amongst the dealers and Manheim. Addresses any findings of unethical behavior and/or failure to adhere to the auction’s policies and procedures.
- Serves as the point person for resolution of customer issues at the location in partnership with Field Sales Team and Major Accounts.
- Partners with managers from Operations, Recon, and other departments to address any issues related to readiness of vehicles.
- Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such.
- Work in cooperation with safety leadership in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
- Represent the perspective of Auction partners in development of OVE.com, Simulcast and Manheim.com business practices, processes and policies.
- Leads the education of customers on Online Vehicle Exchange, Simulcast, Manheim.com and on other Manheim services, especially MMR to ensure Manheim sets realistic dealer expectations on selling cars.
- Provide assistance and training in usage. Maintain communication with other departments and management team providing relevant information to coordinate activities of the department and ensure high quality of service to both internal and external customers.
- Support the development, deployment and maintenance of Department policies, practices and procedures.
- Train and ensure support staff is compliant with standard business practices in order to provide a consistent high quality facilitation services within the marketplace.
- Assist in development and reporting of accurate and efficient key business drivers as well as the review of Quality Assurance, Transactions, Service Levels, and other key department metrics for all online channels.
- Participate in operational process development and implementation of projects.
- Will require knowledge of auction operations, problem solving skills, leadership skills, effective meeting skills, ability to work in groups, and the ability to provide constructive feedback.
- Lead and work on strategic projects for the Operating Location for online transaction fulfillment.
- Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Work in cooperation with safety leadership in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
- Review work volumes, plan and continuously monitor staffing levels to ensure efficiency, quality work product, and effective customer service; review departmental performance against key performance indicators and metrics and develop and execute strategies for improvement.
- Assist manager in counseling and disciplining employees, in evaluating employee job performance and conducting performance appraisals.
- Effectively leads the team at the location by setting an example in behavior, championing Cox/Manheim values and ensuring that all employees are treated with respect.
- Enforce all company policies and procedures related to employee and customer conduct.
Partner with various market level support teams (i.e. Finance, HR, MFS, Recon, Safety, Security, Sales) to ensure effective and efficient operational processes that align with company objectives and strategies and high quality customer service and support.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; some college preferred.
- 1-3 years of previous management/supervisory experience or 2-4 years of customer
service or sales support experience strongly preferred.
- Excellent leadership and supervisory skills.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills required.
Ability to work in a high performance, fast-paced team environment.
- Solid computer skills, including ability to use Internet and MS Office effectively.
- Ability to adapt to and work effectively within a constantly changing environment.
- Excellent customer service and problem solving skills.
- Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time. Ability to perform repetitive tasks.
- Manual dexterity.
- Vision abilities required include close, distance and depth perception.
- Occasional exposure to outdoor weather conditions as well as noise, dust, and fumes in auction
The posting is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.