Marketing Assistant/Coordinator, Penguin Random House Speakers Bureau
We are currently seeking a marketing assistant or coordinator to join the Penguin Random House Speaker Bureau team. The Speakers Bureau represents an unrivaled roster of speakers whose work is shaping national conversations—on and off the page. The division works with venues both across the U.S. and throughout the world to create hugely successful events.
This position encompasses a diverse set of responsibilities and provides tremendous growth potential. The applicant will support the central business development and marketing efforts and act as a resource for the Agent Directors. The position will report to the Vice President and to the Senior Marketing Manager of the Speakers Bureau.
The assistant or coordinator will provide general support to the team, and:
* Respond to general speaker inquiries from venue clients and potential sponsors by email and phone.
* Coordinate with team and internal resources to optimize efficiency of processes and workflow.
* Manage the department’s customer relationship management database, including database entry and clean-up and liaising with software developers on software maintenance and new features.
* Assist with bureau website updates and maintenance, including crafting speaker profiles, making daily updates via WordPress to site content, and curating the homepage.
* Assist in creating content for the Speakers Bureau’s social media channels.
* Pull regular weekly and month reports to share with the team.
* Prepare and distribute pitch materials, including managing the weekly marketing e-blasts.
* Research marketplace, competition and best practices in the lecture agency space.
* Support with administrative needs, such as scheduling meetings, creating agendas, keeping minutes, and ordering meals.
* Support additional project work as needed.
The ideal candidate has experience or a strong interest in marketing, public relations, journalism, communications, literature, or a related field, as well as:
* 1-2 years of relevant professional experience (Coordinator).
* Candidate should be a tech-savvy self-starter with impeccable attention to detail and organizational skills.
* Candidate should also demonstrate exceptional verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to prioritize and multi-task in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment.
* It is essential that the candidate possesses a proactive and independent approach to work, including excellent research and creative problem-solving skills.
* Candidate should have experience with social media, Google docs, and MS Office, particularly MS Outlook, Word, and Excel.
* Experience in book publishing and with CRM database systems (such as SalesForce), SEO, WordPress, or Adobe Photoshop is beneficial, but not required.
Salary for this position is $40,000.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program, kindly include your cover letter and resume.Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.