- Full Time
Cheddar is a live Post Cable Network focused on covering the most innovative products, technologies, and services transforming our lives. Our mission is to provide information and utility on the platforms that matter for our users. Cheddar has two live broadcast networks across many platforms, including Sling, DirecTV Now, and Samsung TVPlus.
In June 2019, Cheddar was acquired by Altice USA, which not only broadened our news portfolio to include News12 and i24, but it opened Cheddar up to a new world of data-driven advertising opportunities across even more platforms including linear TV.
We’re looking for a creative, driven, passionate, and experienced FINANCIAL NEWS booking producer who understands trending stories.
The successful candidate will have 5+ years experience working in newsrooms and/or financial news with expertise in booking high-profile CEOs and media personalities. A sophisticated knowledge of BUSINESS, MARKETS, economics and personal finance is highly preferred, paired with a broad cultural awareness, and instinct for what’s trending.
You need to pitch timely, smart segments. You need to be able to multitask and execute an idea from start to finish – communicating with talent, juggling schedules and crews, and preparing research. The successful candidate must be a self-starter and independent worker. At the same time, he or she must be adaptable and flexible, a team player who is able to mix easily and work effectively in our small, scrappy and highly collaborative team.
• Generating exceptional story ideas
• Booking A-list guests, requiring excellent email and overall communication skills
• Handling scheduling – with guests, locations, crews
• Making sure content both meets our standards and serves our audience needs
• Participating in social media and achieving an active rapport with users
• Keep an eye out for emerging trends
• Fast and exceptionally responsive
• Experience in financial journalism and/or field producing
• Knowledge of news video/TV production
• Excellent research and writing skills
• Strong grammar, copyediting and communication skills
• Familiarity with SEO, RSS, Twitter, Facebook and other social media
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law