Sr. Social Designer/Animator, Peacock, Direct-to-Consumer
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Direct the work of other creatives to shape and promote KPI-slaying social assetsCollaborate with Brand, Originals and Library Content art directors, creative directors, producers and other animators to develop best-in-class entertainment social media video.Ensure the look and feel of motion graphic animations are consistent with brand and style guidelinesUnderstand the needs of Digital Marketing, specifically best practices in Social Media across various platforms
The Peacock marketing team is looking to build a best-in-class social team for its new streaming platform. Reporting to the VP Social and Content Marketing and part of the Brand Marketing group, the Sr. Social Designer/Animator will be a creative lead on the owned social team driving the launch and growth of owned social for the new streaming service.
• 5+ years experience developing creative assets for multichannel social at a large brand or at an agency
• Advanced knowledge of animation, graphic design, motion design, typography and illustration
• Being endlessly creative: passionate about ideating and creating engaging social ideas, gorgeous video/photo concepts, and creating and editing motion graphic animations
• Deep knowledge and familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite – master of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.)
• Experience in mobile-first design and animation across digital and social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, Youtube, Twitter).
• Solid understanding of the design needs/restrictions for each social platform with the creativity to push those boundaries
• Strong conceptual and aesthetic skills (color, illustration, typography, logo design, layout); retouching photography as needed, knowledge of social media/digital delivery.
• Passionate about designing killer thumb-stoppable creative.
• On top of (and ahead of) current design, social media and marketing trends and platforms; passionate about capturing the attention of hungry entertainment fans and audiences.
• Previous entertainment experience a plus
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.