Content Marketing Manager
- Full Time
Muck Rack helps journalists and PR professionals work better together. Communications teams at Fortune 500 brands, agencies and startups use our all-in-one PR platform to monitor news, research and engage with relevant journalists, and measure success. Meanwhile, Muck Rack provides journalists with free, automatically updated portfolios to showcase their work and to provide information about what stories they’re looking for, their personal interests and how they prefer to be pitched.
We’re looking for a Content Marketing Manager to source, produce, distribute and optimize our content across multiple platforms and formats. You’ll bring creativity, experience and grit to craft and manage an editorial calendar that engages and educates our audiences of thousands of media and PR professionals.
- Manage our content strategy, editorial calendar, and editorial guidelines. This includes a variety of content marketing initiatives including our newsletters, blog, social media, website, published articles, customer stories, video, and more.
- Create content with compelling narratives and excellent storytelling that engages our target audiences (PR pros and journalists)
- Develop standards, systems and best practices for creation, distribution, maintenance, and repurposing of content
- Drive our contributor network and guest posting program; be an arbiter of best practices in grammar, messaging, writing, and style.
- Ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for search.
- Work closely with our designer on all creative and branding initiatives to ensure a consistent message across channels.
- Identify and interview journalists, PR influencers, and our customers and create original, compelling content based on their stories.
- 5-10 years of hands-on writing and editing experience with a proven track record of reaching, engaging and growing audiences
- Journalism and/or PR experience strongly preferred
- Masterful storyteller; excellent at written and verbal communication
- Self-motivated and resourceful
- Strong project management skills to manage editorial schedules and deadlines
- Ability to think strategically while being hands-on, organized, and detail-oriented
- Ability and passion to learn about new technologies and audiences