Public Relations Manager
- Full Time
Have an interest in the world of food, from top chefs and restaurants to cooking and the business of food? Do you enjoy immersing yourself in all facets of the culinary world— the people, the places, the events?
At the same time, are you also passionate about communications? Do you presently have your finger on the pulse of a brand where you’re making a tangible contribution and would like to step-it-up and make your mark on the food scene?
The Institute of Culinary Education (ICE) is looking for a full-time Public Relations Manager to hit the ground running with a high-performance, collaborative marketing team. The ideal candidate is an expert communicator, a self-starter, with a strong work ethic and an attention to detail held by few. They’ll use their excellent writing, organizational and public relations skills to navigate a fast-paced environment that produces on average of 46 million earned media impressions per month!
Candidates must have a proven track record in public relations, a network and strong relationships with the media and enjoy the thrill of communications and landing media hits. All while paying homage to the simple building blocks of authenticity and good public relations, with the ultimate goal of maximizing brand value.
You’ll execute the tactics of a unique earned media platform, have a hand in setting the strategy and host/attend events representing the nation’s leading independent culinary school as you embark on helping thousands find their culinary voice each year.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Support the Public Relations Director in the tactical execution of the public relations plan
- Work alongside the CMO, Director and management team in setting the plan’s strategy
- Media relations research and outreach; including drafting press materials, pitches, etc.
- Leverage existing media contacts and cultivating ICE’s contacts to forge strong relationships with media, thought leaders, editors and writers
- Assist in qualifying inbound media inquiries and interview requests
- Manage ICE’s marketing event planning and logistics
- Stay on top of news/trends/issues relevant to ICE and the food industry
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of food or hospitality public relations, media relations or communications experience
- Degree in a related field or equivalent experience, job knowledge and success
- Demonstrated, track record of success for reputable publications, social media, etc.
- Tangible media relations experience, including working with and pitching to reporters; celebrities, athletes and influencers a strong plus.
- Excellent verbal, written and editorial communications skills.
- Strong attention to detail, with the ability to manage multiple projects, in varying stages of development simultaneously.
- Advanced knowledge of social media platforms and the role it plays in public relations.
ICE is offering:
- A competitive compensation package
- Attractive benefits including health, dental and vision insurance
- 401k participation available
- Free recreational cooking, baking and wine education classes
- Opportunity to take the career training programs at ICE
To apply, please email: PR at ice dot edu the following items with the subject: Public Relations Manager.
- Cover letter with salary requirements
- Resume clearly demonstrating your professional skill set, food or hospitality experience and results
- Links to work and placements that illustrate tangible results
- Please do not apply directly through the job boards, you must apply directly.
- Only applicants that meet the position’s requirements and provide the above 3 items will be considered.
- Please do not submit your resume if you do not live in commutable distance to the NYC area.
- We appreciate the interest, but phone or walk-in applications will not be accepted.
- Thank you, but no agency solicitations please.
The Public Relations Manager will work with a management team and staff in an environment that supports and rewards creativity, performance, professional development and team involvement. We also have fun in the process!
The Institute of Culinary Education (ICE) is one of the largest and most diverse culinary schools in the world with campuses in New York and Los Angeles. Established in 1975, ICE offers award-winning six to 13-month career training programs in Culinary Arts, Pastry & Baking Arts, Health-Supportive Culinary Arts, Restaurant & Culinary Management and Hospitality & Hotel Management, plus continuing education programs in Artisan Bread Baking and The Art of Cake Decorating — with more than 14,000 successful alumni, many of whom are leaders in the industry. ICE also offers professional development, hosts more than 500 special events each year and is home to one of the world’s largest recreational cooking, baking and beverage programs with 26,000 students annually. ICE’s 74,000-square-foot, cutting-edge campus in New York City and its new 38,000-square-foot Los Angeles campus were designed for inspiration, creativity and community. Visit us at ice.edu or join us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter at @iceculinary to find your culinary voice™.
The Institute of Culinary Education is an equal opportunity employer.